Sign in to follow this  
Warin

Military modelling

I am thinking of building some military models, particularly armour. I was wondering if any of you out there do this, and if so if you know of any good resources on doing it well.

I know I could do a google search, but I am so sick of wading through crap to find what I want that I thought that I would ask here first biggrin.gif

Absolutely. Simulation is a hobby of mine. Particularly, military simulation, which i do through gaming and modeling in real life. I, however, am more into infantry. I'v got a sniper figurine right now, and i'm planning on geting more special forces stuff. I saw some armor and armor related stuff over at Legends Hobbies. That'd probably be a good place to start

Cool, me too. I am mostly into aircraft, but I will be expanding into armour as soon as I find the extra time. I build mainly 1/48th and 1/72nd scale aircraft.

Here is a link to Tom's Armour Page there are quite a few usefull links on this site to other good sites, give it a try.

Tyler

I'm building a 1:35 scale Ti-67. My first one

I mostly have 1/48th scale model airplanes on my ceiling.I have also a 1/48 scale M1A1.It's pretty fun making models, except if you brake the parts. wink.gif

well, you won't if you use a hobby knife to take the parts off the sprues. Don't tear them off! tounge.gif

I used to have a hind in kind of a desert color... but then shot it, along with an AV-8b which I first tried to blow up, and an apache, and M-60 tank, an I tied my really small snap together F-15 to the cieling fan but it flew off and hit a wall and broke.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (WKK Gimbal @ June 05 2002,00:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">well, you won't if you use a hobby knife to take the parts off the sprues. Don't tear them off!  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I use a hobby knife!As a matter of fact, i have a hobby knife kit which costed me $100! tounge.gif But im talking about the tiny little parts.Also if you dont follow the instructions, and glue the parts togethor wrong, you wont be getting it apart, if you use hobby glue. wow.gif