Sign in to follow this  
eddix99

Niggles so far.

Firstly..

I am very happy with with game and it has come on a long way since the beta.

I can see a BIG difference in the quality of the world in terms of graphics and the whole environment is more polished.

The flight model (trainee) has changed so much since the beta. I'm not sure if it's better yet. I dont know whether the beta modeled any weather conditions but I'm noticing alot more slippage, buffeting and turbulence.

all in all

Well done BIS!

I do have two little niggles that I want to share.

On the whales mission there was quite a bit of flying. Out to site, film 2/3 sets whales and then a 10min flight back to base. Once I landed the icing on the cake would've been to be able to shut down the helicopter and get out before the mission ended. Why did it end so abruptly as soon as I touched down??

On all the missions of this game the player should fly from base and return to base. No finishing early (it is a flight sim after all).

Sometimes making it back safely is the most rewarding part of any sim. Why not allow the player to savour the moment.

I'm not yet convinced by the asia missions being mixed up with the Seattle ones. It disrupts the whole immersion experience. Maybe this will change later on.

(edit) the road textures still look funny, no improvement from the beta.

all in all

Well done BIS!

I do have two little niggles that I want to share.

On the whales mission there was quite a bit of flying. Out to site, film 2/3 sets whales and then a 10min flight back to base. Once I landed the icing on the cake would've been to be able to shut down the helicopter and get out before the mission ended. Why did it end so abruptly as soon as I touched down??

On all the missions of this game the player should fly from base and return to base. No finishing early (it is a flight sim after all).

Sometimes making it back safely is the most rewarding part of any sim. Why not allow the player to savour the moment.

I'd welcome that too. It would be nice if you would actually need to shut down the engines etc. and get out of the chopper before the mission ends.

I'm not yet convinced by the asia missions being mixed up with the Seattle ones. It disrupts the whole immersion experience. Maybe this will change later on.

The first memories are a bit boring but later on there is a mission that starts very slow but then gets really exciting in the end.

The one where you drop leaflets and get shot down. Autorotations are fun once you figured it out. The surviving part was also very well done. Especially because the OPFOR groups were between me and the extraction point.

I agree with the FP.

The thing that annoys me the absolute most is that I fly in expert mode. But on expert, when you close the map, you get that green dot for your next way point on the HUD. But then it fades away after a few seconds. I'd like that to stay on the HUD.

Anyone know of a way to make it stay or make it show again without having to hit escape or map?

Check your difficulty settings, there is an option for extended hud or something along those lines.

Extended HUD makes it show the extra instruments on the screen. It doesn't keep the destination point up.

You can also disable the "AutoTrim" etc on the Trainee difficulty to get into Expert flight, but still allow for more flight helpers then when actually playing on Expert.

The difficulty setting you're looking for is called "HUD Waypoints info permanently" but cannot be enabled on Expert mode ;-)

Check your difficulty settings, there is an option for extended hud or something along those lines.

In the beta the permanent waypoint option (or whatever it's called) was disabled for manual editing when in expert mode (it was red in the customize difficulty option).