Sign in to follow this  
HomerPepsi

ToH - Like SimCopter??!?!?

Can someone tell me if this game is similar to SimCopter (yes uber old game).

Not in reference to the flight model, but mission wise.

Entering an area, taking on a variety of jobs as they come, then completing the area?

thanks

I think from the literature, and what was seen in the beta that it will be more mission based. as in you take on an assignment, read the briefing and then fly that activity. Although it sounds possible that the career mode may be a little more ongoing than that. Still probably not quite what we saw in simcopter

I'm pretty sure a mission that resembles SimCopter will be made soon enough. From what I can tell, it's totally within the game's scripting possibilities.

That would be sweet.

Since it is "arma" based, I suppose one could script a new 'campaign' or career mode so that when you enter a certain city, random new jobs pop up that you can accept or deny, giving you a score for each mission. Once you reach a set amount, then that area is complete.

Just an idea. I played simcopter a lot when i was a kid, had a lot of fun with that game and its variety of missions.

BIS said that players will be able to add their own missions to the campaign so I guess free roaming, taking jobs is how it's done already?

I had been working on writing a new version of simcopter. But now that I've found TOH I may just work on making new scenarios for it instead. I'd be down for a simcopter style mission set

Sweeeet! Here BI have my money lol This is the type of helo game I've been waiting for. It's funny how others have drawn the same ties to simcopter. I think maybe someone should recreate simcopter in toh including equipment and the uber basic flight model (not me though, I suck at mods).

TOH totally took me on a flash back ~15 years ago, when I playe SimCopter as a child.

F*ck was it great.

And yeah...it's totally scriptable and someone will do it very soon...if not...i'll do ;)

I cant wait for taking care of those stupid traffic jams :D