Sign in to follow this  
ROBINO

dedicated server using mission makers detail settings...

hi

i made a mission on takistan for my clan to use

my normal details settings are very low

when we all got into the mission some people complained of 'low detail' and 'low viewdistace'

does anyone know to what extent the setting of the mission maker are SAVED to the mission (if at all) - i had always assumed that MP missions run on a dedicaed server always using the detail setting of the server itslef or the admin

anyone know?

i had always assumed that MP missions run on a dedicaed server always using the detail setting of the server itslef or the admin

Yes you are correct.

Server settings can be changed via the server.ArmA2OAProfile

but a mission cannot override a server's settings unless it is setup to do so in the init,Description.ext, and other scripts.

I have a server and I have custom mission on the server, my buddy and I mostly play he has a high end computer whereas

mine is about average, but i run my settings on all low settings, and he has his maxed out.

The server's settings for view distance is set for 2500m and other settings are not as high as my buddy's but theres

no complaints from him as his client side game vs my client side game settings effect how we perceive the game.

I have no settings in the missions that over rides the servers so we both see the settings we have set for out own client side game.