Sign in to follow this  
jakerod

Buldozer Crash Near End of Map

I have a heightmap that I put into Visitor. At the upper left corner there is land that should theoretically provide infinite land beyond it when in game (aka it touches the end of the map).Apparently that isn't as important as I thought.

I can get it to connect to buldozer. However, if I go close to an edge buldozer crashes. This is problematic. I suspect that it may also be if I even look at an edge (within a certain range of it).

Buldozer under the System Preferences

"p:\arma2oa.exe" -window -buldozer -addons=p:\V3addons.txt -exthreads=0

Does anyone have any ideas on the cause?

Let me know if there is more information that might help.

Hi Jakerod,

do you have any errorreports popping up? You should have a look at all your rpt files. I would guess that there may be one or more groundtextures not configured correctly. Perhaps your layers.cfg may have some errors.

Hope that helped...

Hi Jakerod,

do you have any errorreports popping up? You should have a look at all your rpt files. I would guess that there may be one or more groundtextures not configured correctly. Perhaps your layers.cfg may have some errors.

Hope that helped...

Nothing pops up when it crashes it just crashes and does the whole sending microsoft an error report thing but no error message on screen. Where do I go to check the RPT again it's been a while since I've had to do that and on a different computer and OS.

Additionally, the island isn't textured yet. The ground is just white. I wanted to make sure the height map was how I wanted it before I went doing the sat and mask images only to decide that the height map wasn't what I wanted. Could that be the problem, the lack of textures?

Additionally, the island isn't textured yet. The ground is just white.

That's almost certainly the problem Jakerod...

you need a basic nominal single "surface", plus at least a token plain coloured couple of files as a nominal "Sat & Mask lco's"... plus "layers.cfg & cfgSurfaces.hpp" at a minimum...

You could just lift the relevant files from Sgt Ace's tutorial and repath... I use them a lot as a basic single surface "template" that I can just drop heightmaps into to quickly see them in Visitor...

B

Thanks guys that was it.