Sign in to follow this  
Westwind

Joy stick hat switch

Hi All, is it posible to map the POV hat switch so that I can view pan? (similar to FSX) If so how.

Thanks

It really depends on what kind of stick you are using. I use a Saitek X52 Pro and in order to map some of the buttons I need to use the SST software. I would recommend checking out your joystick mapping software and creating a profile specifically for this game -- mapping the switches, buttons, etc. to their respective default keyboard combinations.

The POV hat on a Cyborg Evo is certainly mapable, I use mine to scroll through the action menu with up/down as next and previous with left/right as back and select.

So they certainly can be mapped onto the veiw buttons.

The sticks own mapping software may be required in some cases like -Sn1PeR- mentioned though.

Hey guys, thanks for your response. I understand that the switch is programmable but I don't know how to get it to pan view like it dose in FSX. The only way to pan that I can see is to tap ALT and move the mouse, is it possible to get the hat switch to respond as the mouse dose?

Hey guys, thanks for your response. I understand that the switch is programmable but I don't know how to get it to pan view like it dose in FSX. The only way to pan that I can see is to tap ALT and move the mouse, is it possible to get the hat switch to respond as the mouse dose?

Try assigning it to the same commands as the numpad freelook buttons, I don't know if these auto centre though.