Sign in to follow this  
colosseum

COOP 2 Lingor Downed Pilot

Hi all,

Been working on this after getting fed up with zombies.

Basic idea is that you play as two downed pilots attempting to escape an enemy-held Lingor and get picked up at an LZ that's really far away. I've never seen any downed pilot scenarios available for ArmA (which is pretty surprising), but I have a feeling I'm not looking hard enough...

The mission is challenging and can be played many ways. You can choose to just escape, using stealth etc, or you can fight a guerrilla war against the invaders.

The backstory, which makes little if any sense and is primarily the way it is because I don't like to clutter up my co-op levels with addons:

The Takistani Army under Colonel Aziz has invaded southern Lingor. Takistani regular infantry make up the backbone of the forces on the ground, with recruited locals acting as stooges. The locals are poorly armed and poorly led, but still fairly dangerous in large groups. Col. Aziz has taken up residence in the old Embassy northwest of the Bahia de los Mineros. The Lingorian government-in-exile has been forced onto an island to the northeast of the mainland. The US Army and Marine Corps have a base on the island, charged with protecting the government-in-exile until a settlement can be put in place. This morning, you and your co-pilot were sent on a reconnaissance flight to gauge the strength of the Takistani defenses west of Calamar in preparation for a possible amphibious assault. You were shot down en route by a Stinger missile launcher, and now you must try to survive while being hunted by countless enemy patrols who all want you dead.

Features:

- Celery's bandaging script (players start with 3 bandages apiece)

- Very limited starting equipment

- Enemy patrols around most of Lingor

- Free-form environment... do whatever you want

- A guerrilla hideout at a farm northeast of Mt. Peligron that can supply you with weapons

Requirements:

- ArmA2: Combined Operations

- Lingor v1.3 and Lingor units addon packs

I'd like for someone more experienced than me to take a look at this map and let me know if I'm doing things right, and what can be improved on. I'm fairly new to mission design. Post in here if you're interested.

Thanks!

Surely there are plenty of Downed Pilot maps on Chernarus? The last bit of Eagle Wing comes to mind... I certainly couldn't top that.