Sign in to follow this  
HazelnutSpread

Keyboard controls?

Hi everyone, Will TOH have standard keyboard controls? and how would they work...

I would really love to play this game with a sim controller but I really don't have hundreds of dollars to spend so would a normal keyboard work ?

Yes, you can play with keyboard & mouse, a controller like the Xbox 360 controller for Windows, simple joysticks, and full flight peripherals. If the default control mappings are not quite right for you, you are free to re-map them :)

For keyboard & mouse we do recommend the auto-trim helper to be enabled, because controlling anti-torque using the keyboard is a bit tricky.

If you're short on cash, I would recommend playing with a simple analog game controller instead of mouse and keyboard. You can get those for around 10-15€ on Amazon. The two analog inputs really help, and even as a hardcore mouse+keyboard user, I find it easier to fly with. :)

Thanks for your help! I'm a hardcore pc user but I like the feel of X-box controllers so I think i'll use one of those ! :D