Sign in to follow this  
cactus

Some more landing crafts

I really think there is room for a boat or two, the ones in the game is ok, but are more of a patrolboat than an assaultboat. I would like to see a LVCP, able to take around 20 soldiers.... Then we can make some real beachstormings!

- Cactus -

That would be awsome to have a boat that could carry 20 people but the coolest would be to have them below decks so the land soldiers don't just shoot the defensless soldiers to death. And also a destroyer with cannons would be helpful!

I think one of those Boat-Cars, you know, a boat on wheels, perhaps with a light M2 on the side, and a Slab of metel with a slit protecting the driver, much like WWII.

...But then again, we have the BMP, right?

landingcraft.jpg

mach2a.jpg

Personally, I'd like to see the hovercraft, since they've been in operations since vietnam war (these 2 pics are from that era) and both the Soviets and Americans use them.

-=Die Alive=-

I think that a landing boat would be fantastic. One that can carry more than eight men. Like the boat equivilant of the Chinook. This would be brilliant.

btw the BMP and the M113 can "sail" in water.

is the M113 really able to do that in real life though? for something to combat the bmp rather then using the M113(since its useless) id like to see the AAV7 or a LAV

id like to see some sort of craft that can carry tanks so that it can give an invasion some sort of punch. UUGGGG!!!

any vehicle in the world can go through water....its just that most eventually let that water IN.

Yeha a hovercraft would rule.... well it would asuming you could burst it inflatble bits.

Yeah, the BMP and the M113 (and BMP-2 and BRDM) is able to transverse water (or atleast float) but man, are they slow! I wouldn't like to do an assault going at that speed.... Blown to bits within seconds smile.gif

The hovercraft is a really neat idea, the russkies had some really big ones, quite heavily armed too...

- Cactus -

(Edited by cactus at 8:36 pm on Dec. 11, 2001)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from cactus on 7:43 pm on Dec. 11, 2001

Yeah, the BMP and the M113 (and BMP-2 and BRDM) is able to transverse water (or atleast float) but man, are they slow! I wouldn't like to do an assault going at that speed.... Blown to bits within seconds smile.gif

The hovercraft is a really neat idea, the russkies had some really big ones, quite heavily armed too...

- Cactus -

<span id='postcolor'>

BMP's cruise speed on water is 0,5 MPH p/s

i even crawl faster than that.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from King Kong on 7:48 pm on Dec. 11, 2001

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from cactus on 7:43 pm on Dec. 11, 2001

- Cactus -

<span id='postcolor'>

BMP's cruise speed on water is 0,5 MPH p/s

i even crawl faster than that.<span id='postcolor'>

what does the p/s stand for?

yeah, I still love the BMP though. it kicks ass.