Sign in to follow this  
darkxess

Changing the faction of the PLA

Hey guys, im trying to change the faction of the PLA to either OPFOR or BLUFOR from there original faction of INDEPENDENT. I did a search and found

out that you can do this a few ways, 1 was using the "setSide command" and putting it in a init.sqf as said here at the bottom of the thread.

My only problem is, how to do it? lol... my scripting isnt perfect! so can someone help me please? Thanks.

No one know how to do this? ... come on guys really any help at all?

If I need to change a units side in a mission, I do one of two things:

A) put down a dude from the appropriate side and group him with my PLA, make sure he is a colonel and that his probability of presence is 0%. Voila, instant side change for that group.

B) Go into your mission.sqm, find the units in question and manually change the side there (WEST becomes GUER, etc). Bear in mind that you can not open up the units dialog for that unit after doing this, as it will revert the unit back to the nearest normal unit of that side (ie a blufor rifleman).

Hope it helps.

Doesnt work! soon as I do it then go in to game to play they are normal! go back to the

mission.sqm and its still set on what I set it but nothing! ...

Isnt there a better way at doing this?

Neither option works?

No! .. and ive noticed, when changing it, it messes the units up too, spawning other stuff in my inventry! lol

Try harder, it should work flawlessly : at least try the first solution, put a unit of the side you wish, give him the highest rank and group him with a PLA group. Thus he should now be the leader, then write this in his init line :

deletevehicle this