Sign in to follow this  
160thSOAR

ArmA2 Installation Trouble

I just got a new computer and am trying to install ArmA2 on it. I have already successfully installed ArmA2 on other computers, so I don't understand why I am having problems this time around.

ArmA2 OA works fine, but when I try to start ArmA2, I get to the first Bohemia Interactive logo, then the game shuts down. A message appears saying: "Bad serial number given in Setup."

I have already tried reinstalling the game. It did not work.

I have the Steam version.

Quoted from other threads that I had searched for you:

Heres the link of the my search query, scroll through the topics and you'll find your answer:

http://forums.bistudio.com/search.php?searchid=2018093

1. You need to become acquainted with the search function.

2. Close Steam. Launch Steam 'as administrator', then launch the game normally.

3. If that still fails, reboot and try the above again.

By the way, you can view serial keys for games purchased through Steam by right clicking the game in the library and then 'View game CD key', although that won't help here.

Missing CD Key

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=4950-EKAM-2644

[Resolved] ArmA II Steam Version - Bad serial number given in setup

Hey guys,

A friend of mine has bought me ArmA 2: Combined Assault as a gift on Steam the other day, and all the time I was only playing Operation Arrowhead, and it was working fine, however, now I wanted to play the regular ArmA 2, I clicked launch, and it finished the steps of launching a game for the first time, the game starts and after the Bohemia Interactive logo, it exits and I get a message saying:

"Bad serial number given in setup"

How to fix this issue?

I have also posted on the Steam forums, but when I went to the support center, I clicked ArmA and I was directed here.

Punkbuster

Private

I have ran Steam as Administrator and it is working.

[solved] Bad serial number with Steam install? Solution - Verify cache / Run as Admin

Follow the forums rules too, search before you post, as theres many posts already asking the same question.