Sign in to follow this  
Connall

OA Server Port Problems

So I decided I would enter the joy of hosting a dedicated server but encountered a problem with the ports let me tell you.

My router uses a system in which if a program is not going through the ports it won't open You preset the ports that you want the program to access then when you run the program and it access the port internally it opens it externally. Now I have opened all the necessary ports for the router and I know that the ports do work but for some reason, the OA server does not go through the port that has been opened for it instead it doesn't seem to be accesing it at all because the port remains closed. I used other programs to make sure it wasn't the port themselves and they worked fine except the OA configuration. I do use a .bat file to launch and have tried the old fashioned way. I did also turn off all my firewalls but I figured it is a program problem rather that the router or computer. So anyone able to help.

Any other information needed? Just ask.

More router details would be helpful. Manufacturer, firmware version, etc.

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/BT/BTHomeHub2/default.htm

ArmA2 server requires the following ports open to UDP network traffic. TCP is not needed.

•port 2302 UDP ArmA2 game network communication.

•port+1 2303 UDP Gamespy public server reporting.

•port+3 2305 UDP Voice Over Net transmission.

Edited by [HUD]Dorph

Dorph;2020926']http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/BT/BTHomeHub2/default.htm

ArmA2 server requires the following ports open to UDP network traffic. TCP is not needed.

•port 2302 UDP ArmA2 game network communication.

•port+1 2303 UDP Gamespy public server reporting.

•port+3 2305 UDP Voice Over Net transmission.

Again, that's not the problem the problem is the program will not access the ports even with them open.

Ensure you are forwarding ports, and not opening ports. Not the same thing, sound similiar. You want to be forwarding UDP 2302 ~ 2305 to the ip of the pc hosting the service.

Also if you are using DHCP, in your Lan, consider setting the ip static, and outside of the DHCP scope. So that a DHCP request does not change the IP.

If the Winders Firewall Service is on, that firewall is on. Use ping to determine firewall status.

...Syn...

Edited by VisceralSyn
typos and other grammatical errors, as usual...

All fixed now it was the actual server and not the ports that were the problem.