Sign in to follow this  
Kaldor_Draigo

Ad_Helos help please!

I've been trying to run ADuke's fast rope script in a mission and I keep getting the error

"ad_helos\FastRope\scripts\fast_rope_AI_pilot.sqf" Script not found.

I checked and deleted empty spaces between pilot and .sqf and ".

I've been through about a dozen other fixes for this and nothing has worked. Anybody, please?

here is the full script:

nul = [helo, 30, "move1.sqs"] execVM "ad_helos\FastRope\scripts\fast_rope_AI_pilot.sqf"

Appreciate it but that wasnt the fix :( now it gives me execVM "\norrn_dbo_fastrope\scripts\fast_rope_AI_pilot.sqf" script not found. I'm using mod folders and I just cant get my head wrapped around this!

Figured out the problem, for some reason my computer doesnt recognize AD_helos trying to creat fast_rope_AI_pilot.sqf. Can someone open in it in notepad, post here so I can copy paste into an .sqf? Thanks in advance!

some reason my computer doesn't recognize AD_helos trying to create fast_rope_AI_pilot.sqf.

thats not your problem, if you can run arma2 then any script made for Arma2 will work, even scripts for Arma1 will work but it has nothing to do with your computer,

it has to do with where you place the script, and how you call it ingame, as well as put the code in to call it, you could have

misspelled the code, its very easy to do, thats why i copy and past from the readmes, or the website from where you download from.

But use Armaedit and do it yourself:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1455&highlight=ARMAEDIT

"ad_helos\FastRope\scripts\fast_rope_AI_pilot. sqf" Script not found.

Your answer is in the error message itself ---> (Script not found)

when you add a script to your mission, the script needs to be in the same folder of the mission.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Gunter, this is the ArmA 1 section, not ArmA 2. The script you pointed him towards probably will not work for him. Also, didn't ADuke build HIS fast rope script directly into the addon?

Based on the readme the script is for Arma2, and that thread for the script which can be used as a script and or addon,

is in the arm2 section for addons and mods complete.

The script you pointed him towards probably will not work for him.

Its not a script, its armaedit, its a tool as I said, when you install it, you can build scripts with it, as well as view scripts,

it works for the whole Arma series, I use it for Arma, and Arma2CO all the time.

Fast_Rope addon for ArmA2 (beta 0.5)

NOVEMBER 2009

Addon created and compiled by: norrin and DeanosBeano

Scripts and config by: norrin and DeanosBeano

Description

1. Allows an AI pilot to move to a waypoint and then AI and player automatically rappel to the ground once the fast ropes are deployed.

2. Allows player pilots to fast rope AI units at their whim.

3. If a player is in a cargo postion then he will get an option to deploy fastropes from a stationary chopper, he will also get an option to descend ropes

The real reason the script will not work in Arma1 is because the script is dependent on 2 choppers which are only in Arma2:

"CAAir2_UH1Y",

"CAAir2_MV22",

I had opened the mission.sqm in the script version of the addon with armedit, and thats what it lists.

Try this script for Arma1

MH6 fast rope

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=4004&highlight=FAST%2BROPE

Woops, my apologies. Zulu pointed him towards the script, not you. In any case, ADuke already has a fast rope script built into the addon.

"ad_helos\FastRope\scripts\fast_rope_AI_pilot. sqf" Script not found.

So either he is using the wrong version of ADuke's pack, the one for A2 instead of for A1, or he found a bug in the pack. Pointing him to external fast rope scripts just clutters everything up, and it's possible they won't work with his helos.