Sign in to follow this  
Avandir

OA crashing

I have 1.59 and this will happen no matter what game mode, singleplayer or multi.

It'll be playing fine, then minimize saying Arma2 OA has stopped working. I went through deleted all the mods, even uninstalled then reinstalled using Steam and it still does it.

The time it takes to happen varies but the longest I've played before it crashes is 15-20mins.

It's also the only game I own that will crash with no warning and all my games are on Steam.

The only thing I haven't tried is uninstalling then reinstalling with all the mods deleted, would this be worth a try?

Edited by Avandir

It's probably a graphics setting in Arma. Try running with Texture memory option set to "default".

Is texture detail and texture memory the same?

The graphics are already on low. I've had another guy on another site say it might be a memory problem.

Edited by Avandir

This is getting pretty rage-worthy. I set all the graphics to low, even the video memory, granted I have no clue what it does but it's at low and it still crashes.

It happens to all the Arma's I own, and I own all of them; but not to any of my other games. If Steam would let me sell the game back to them, I would.

Friends don't let friends purchase from steam, check Direct2drive next time. They are just like the cd/dvd install and I have never had a problem with them. You are not adding mods to your Addons folder are you. Always install mods in their own separate folders, just in case you were not doing so. ;)