Sign in to follow this  
Sir Smokes Alot

U.s is a terrorist state?

Its too late for that, what done is done, but I hope US government stops before something terrible happens, the moment the first nuke leaves the silo in any country the whole world is fuked!

A Terrorist is defined as a group or person that attacks civilian targets to instill fear to further their political agenda.

I read through the entire judgement, and I noticed that nowhere in the judgement was the word terrorist mentioned, nor were deliberate attacks on civilians mentioned. You say that you have no ill will towards the USA, but then you jump to use this judgement as an example of the US acting as a terrorist state, when there is no evidence of any terroristic action being committed by the US in the judgement.

Remember when the Nicaraguan affair occurred. The Cold War was still going. Nicaragua recently became a Communist state by popular dissent, but there was an anti Communist rebel group that the US decided to support, mainly because of what happened with the last Latin American country that went Communist (Cuban Missile Crisis, *cough*).

Not trying to excuse the US from any wrongdoing, and we did break international rules of conduct in our dealings with Nicaragua. Hell, all countries break international codes of conduct when they go to war (war is against the law in the International Court of Justice's book). But we did not act in the fashion of a 'terrorist state', and if anything, that judgement only reinforces that fact.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ May 30 2002,03:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Reagan sent F15s in retaliation of something..i forgot what it was..<span id='postcolor'>

Actually he sent in F-111s, mainly from RAF Lakenheath and RAF Somewhere else (forgot). They had to go all along the European coastline because no country would give them fly over rights.

If I remember correctly it was largely in retaliation for the Achilli Lauro and the TWA hijacking, and other string of hijacking and bombings.

I was at Rhein-Main AFB when this occured. We went on lock down right quick and school was canceled. Everyone was advised to stay on base and preferably not leave their housing. Some off-base housed people actually came on base and stayed at the large hotel they had on base.

Was..."interesting"...for a 12-13 year old....

And that, in a rare show of personal self-restraint, will be all I say on this subject....

What do you expect if you elect a cowboy-actor as the president of a nuclear power?

It is like asking Michael Jackson to Babysit you child for an evening.

You just shouldnt do it!