Sign in to follow this  
Manlysloth

can't hear ai chatter, and ingame microphones.

hello, i was recently playing and my sound stopped, checked my usb adapter, which broke when i touched it. ever since then i am unable to hear other players' voices and the ai radio chatter.

Sorry if this has already been posted, but i'm tired.

Not an awful lot to go on here. I assume that your USB adapter is for headphones? How did it break? Is it still in your machine? Give us something to go at and someone might be able to help you!

Let me ask the obvious: did you checked the ingame audio settings, mainly radio volume not at zero?

sorry, was tired. yes, the usb adapter is for my headphones but it's not in my machine. all the audio settings are on the highest. when i give ai orders, i can hear myself, but when they say "roger", you can only hear the crackling noise it makes when they transmit. as for other players, when they speak the game goes quiet, and then back to normal when they stop

So...

You were listening via headphones and everything was OK

Your headphones broke (or at least the USB plaug did).

You removed the headphones and now you can't here stuff properly

Is this correct?

Are you using a soundcard or on-board sound?

I presume you now have you soundcard plugged into external speakers?

You may want to check you sound settings in Windows from the control panel. Perhaps somehow you still have it setup to play through headphones?

It's hard to diagnose this without some more information.

all the sound's fine, i just can't hear those 2 things. i don't know much about computers, so it's hard to give you information. all i know is everything's working except other players microphone and the ai chatter. surely if there was something wrong with my headphones, everything would have no sound.

well, is there a way to silence the ai? or mute people via options or something? if so, i may of done that.

sorry again, i really have no idea.

---------- Post added at 03:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 AM ----------

hmm, appears i've fixed it, i uninstalled my realtek sound drivers, and i can hear ai chatter, and i bet it's the same for others' microphones.

anyway, thanks for the input, all the help was appreciated.

all the sound's fine, i just can't hear those 2 things. i don't know much about computers, so it's hard to give you information. all i know is everything's working except other players microphone and the ai chatter. surely if there was something wrong with my headphones, everything would have no sound.

well, is there a way to silence the ai? or mute people via options or something? if so, i may of done that.

sorry again, i really have no idea.

---------- Post added at 03:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 AM ----------

hmm, appears i've fixed it, i uninstalled my realtek sound drivers, and i can hear ai chatter, and i bet it's the same for others' microphones.

anyway, thanks for the input, all the help was appreciated.

Great - glad you got it fixed!