Sign in to follow this  
jakehill1995

Contacting customer support

Hi, have been trying to e-mail customer support for several days now with regards to a question I have over Arma 2 Operation arrowhead. I tick the box where it asks if you want a copy of the e-mail sent to you. So far have had no replies and no copies of e-mails I've sent. Any suggestions?

I'm not sure if BIS is directly involved in customer support. Can you tell me where you are attempting to get support from?

Hi, I'm clicking on the 'support' tab at the top of this page and then filling out the customer support contact form. I must have done it numerous times now and always ticking the 'E-mail a copy of this message to your own address' at the bottom of the form.

---------- Post added at 06:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 PM ----------

Forgot to add, the reason for trying to contact customer support is to ask about obtaining a new license to reinstall Arma 2 operation arrowhead. Have lost the product key but still have the game disc. Have recently had to buy a new laptop and want to reinstall the game on it. Have proof of purchase showing I legally and legitimately purchased the game in Jan 2011 from www.game.co.uk and have proof from sprocketgames that I purchased add ons for the game. I'd rather not purchase the game again after having forked out for a replacement laptop. I could put the old hard drive in a caddy and run the game from that but it would be so much easier just to get a new license if BI would issue me one.

Hi, I'm clicking on the 'support' tab at the top of this page and then filling out the customer support contact form. I must have done it numerous times now and always ticking the 'E-mail a copy of this message to your own address' at the bottom of the form.

---------- Post added at 06:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 PM ----------

Forgot to add, the reason for trying to contact customer support is to ask about obtaining a new license to reinstall Arma 2 operation arrowhead. Have lost the product key but still have the game disc. Have recently had to buy a new laptop and want to reinstall the game on it. Have proof of purchase showing I legally and legitimately purchased the game in Jan 2011 from www.game.co.uk and have proof from sprocketgames that I purchased add ons for the game. I'd rather not purchase the game again after having forked out for a replacement laptop. I could put the old hard drive in a caddy and run the game from that but it would be so much easier just to get a new license if BI would issue me one.

I am having the same issue exept I don't remember where I bought it. I got it for Christmas, probably from Amazon but I really don't know. I tried using the contact form twice with no receipt or reply. Any ideas? I really want to play the game again.

I could put the old hard drive in a caddy and run the game from that but it would be so much easier just to get a new license if BI would issue me one.

If you still have your old drive and it's your primary hard drive where windows is installed, chanced are you get get access to your Windows Registry which AFAIK stores you keys there; look at the key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Bohemia Interactive Studio 

(or

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive Studio 

, depending in your system) and it's descendants. You'd need to manually import it into the same place on your new system (but better not overwrite the installation path). YMMV.

Word of caution: messing with your registry can break things.

Unfortunately, in a case such as this, Bohemia Interactive is unable to help. The store that you purchased the game from should handle all requests such as this.

I'm afraid that's not the correct advice to follow, the only ones who can possibly help you if you lost your CD Key would be the publisher of whichever version you have, and Bohemia directly can only help with Sprocket versions.