Sign in to follow this  
A-SUICIDAL

Need help with 2 problems. Please

1. When I host one of my coop missions, sometimes players cannot move (run/walk) at mission start, but they can turn in one place. This does not happen to the host (me), so I hit "escape" and "restart" and then everybody is then able to move. I don't know why this happens and I was wondering if somebody might know what might be causing this or how to fix this.

2. When a player disconnects (leaves the game) an AI takes their place. This also happens when players return to the lobby to choose a different player slot/role - for instance a player(machine gunner) goes back to lobby and chooses the sniper class and then rejoins the mission an AI takes place of the machine gunner slot that the player was previously playing as. My description.ext file does have...

disabledAI = 1;

...so I don't know why this is happening. I don't want any AI on my team in my coop mission. Can somebody please help me fix this?

My mission is done, but I can't play it with these problems :(

I tried that too, still isn't working. I'll start disabling all my scripts one by one and testing in between and see if maybe I have a script running that is causing the problem. I appreciate the help, thanks cobra.

---------- Post added at 01:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 PM ----------

Still having the same problem. I created a new mission, added 5 playable units, placed a respawn_west marker, using an empty init.sqf file and this is my description.ext:

// Mission Header
class Header
{
 gameType = Coop;
 minPlayers = 1;
 maxPlayers = 5;
};

onLoadMission = "testAI";
OnLoadMissionTime = FALSE;

respawn = "BASE";
respawndelay = 15;
disabledAI = true;

... and then I test in mutiplayer and choose player slot 1, I run around in the game for 10 seconds, then hit escaped and go to lobby and choose player slot 2 and rejoin the mission and there is an AI in the game from player slot 1. Maybe I am going nuts, but my friend hosted a mission yesterday that I helped him create, another friend joined and played for a while but then he had to go, and when he left the server, I watched his body flop dead in front of me and no AI took his place.

I get the same problem as well , not sure what it is as I have never found out but it only happens some times for me not all the time. so if you do find out i would love to know as well !

Is there a script command for kicking? Maybe add a trigger that detects if !isPlayer and then kick the stupid AI the hell out of the game.

My friend hosted the mission I made and when players left the game the AI did not take the place of any of the players. I hosted the same exact mission and the AI did take the place of players that left the game. So my guess is that the only way for me to fix the problem is to reinstall Combined Operations completely, which sucks, because it takes forever to install and I have no guarantee that the problem won't come back.

Are you using any beta patch or your friend?

That seems to be the only logical answer at this point.

Both my friend and I have no beta patches installed. We are both using version 1.59.79384. This only started to happen to me recently.

Rename your mission in the editor and save again (remember to copy n past over the .sqf stuff you've made) maybe you are getting a conflict with an older cached version somewhere.

I tried that too. It doesn't fix it. Like I said. My friend hosted the same mission and it doesn't happen when he hosts. All of my missions are doing it. I'm uninstalling and reinstalling now.

3 hours later, lol. Ok, after I uninstalled, deleted all remaining folders, cleaned my registry, then reinstalled CO - The AI still take the place of players that leave or return to lobby, but now when I kill the AI, they no longer respawn like they were doing before. So, as a work around for my 14 man coop mission, I added 14 triggers, 1 for each player s1-s14. Trigger for player s1 looks like this:

==================

Condition: !isPlayer s1

On Act. s1 setDamage 1;

==================

So now when a player leaves, the trigger kills the AI that takes his or her place and the AI does not respawn. I call it my "get the f#ck out you stupid f#cking AI!" trigger.