Sign in to follow this  
DZ302

Mouse Lag and performance

Hello all, brand new to ARMA2, bought CO on the Steam sale in anticipation for the Project Reality mod...Anyhow playing for the first time and there is a really bad mouse lag I can't seem to get rid of, I put mouse smoothing on 0, but it's still there. It feels like a really bad Xbox 360 port or something...

It reminds me of the mouse lag I used to get in Fallout 3, I remember to eliminate that I had to change something about pre-rendered framerate, not sure if that would be the case here.

Secondly I have an i5-2500k, 8GB DDR3 and Radeon HD 6950, yet I'm not getting that great performance. I have my settings on high for 1920x1080, but I'm hovering around 50fps, and when I zoom in or look down a weapon sight, I get an instant FPS drop to like 15, then it hovers around 25-35 while zoomed...I tried turning down some individual settings, but I couldn't find which one was the culprit causing this issue.

Another problem is motion blur, I usually don't mind it in games but here it's making me feel a little dizzy, I really don't like the way it looks, is it possible to turn off? And finally the bloom is, dare I say hideous...Is there a way to turn it off, or at least reduce the effect? If you put the quality on low it just seems to make things further away more blurry and harder to see.

Cheers.

gday DZ302,

yep it is very important to set. Check our guide here: Game configuration [PvPscene]

(search for "mouse" as keyword)

Make sure to disable the Aiming deadzone and Head bob.

> motion blur

See: Postprocess effects: Disabled. Big FPS drain and visual disadvantage.

There is also a no blur addon.

Thanks for that, fixed the mouse issues, but the graphics ones remain largely unchanged...

I ran the second ARMA2 benchmark and got 20fps, ran the ARMA2 AO benchmark and got 50. I still don't know what's killing my FPS, I put the switches in the launch .bat for combined ops in steam, didn't make any difference, I've played with just about every setting, but still the FPS is terrible, and the textures/effects don't even look very good. I know this isn't exactly like running a Black Ops map, but there's no reason my FPS should be having this much trouble on any game...

Edited by DZ302

Trying that now, I assume it works with the steam version?

Also I found something that helped quite a bit, I added

sceneComplexity=160000;

to the cfg files and that seemed to help quite a bit, but not as good as I'd like. I don't know whats wrong I can see youtube videos of people with an i7-920 and 4870 getting much smoother quality than me.

Just curious, but at what settings are you trying to run the game? And what view distance?

Everything is on max, object detail Normal, view distance is around 2000 and PPfx is disabled.

Yeah, no one can really run this game at "Max" yet. Turning settings down should really help with mouse lag.

Yeah, no one can really run this game at "Max" yet. Turning settings down should really help with mouse lag.

They should print that on the box!!!

Most know it by the name on the box. ;)

Technology will stay 5 yrs behind BI!

Haha, yes they should. I love it when people come and complain about the game being laggy in any sort of way, only to find they tried playing it on the highest possible settings. LOL

did you changed render frames ahead to 1 ?