Sign in to follow this  
thisguykai

Linux Dedicated Server Setup Help Needed

I am trying to setup a dedicated linux server to play with my friends. This the first time I'm trying to use the ARMA2 OA server files. I usually play on other people's server. Anyhow we uploaded our folders from steam and uploaded the Domination2 mission .pbo into "mpmission", but when we try to connect to the server, it just sits on "Wait for Host"

Our server.cfg = http://pastebin.com/5XiCjRcB

SS of our folders = http://imgur.com/a/FXAen#nG0Do

CommandLine = ./server BEpath=/home/armasrv/a2oasrv/expansion/* -config=*.cfg

I have asterisked out our real file names. Any assistance given is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Try logging in when you've connected and then type #missions to see if you can select a mission.

It's likely that something is wrong with your preselected mission; if that can't load for some reason, you'll get stuck on a black screen with 'Wait for Host' until you select a mission yourself.

Make sure tolower is used, and configure arma2oaserver script. Doublecheck permissions. Then use arma2oaserver to launch server, not ./server

...Syn...

HitmanFF provides a good advice us #login with your admin password, even when stuck waiting for host and use #missions to see the selection

if it crashes after #missions use tolower to convert all the files to lower case

you can also check the log.portnumber.txt file for more details

Thanks for the assist. We got it working, turns out the mission file was corrupted. Any how does anyone know how do I enable 3rd person view for use anything not only in vehicles? Also how do I change how many lives the players get? Its currently set to 30, but I want it to be unlimited.

Thanks

3rd person view is set on or off in player.arma2oaprofile config file, look for 3rdPersonView=0; change to 1.

The life you get (I suppose you mean in each mission) must be set in the actual mission.

Thanks for the 3rd person info. The mission is "co30_domination_2_57zoa_west_r_oa.takistan.pbo" and I'm looking through the description.ext, there is nothing about lives in there. We assumed it was the 30 respawns, but once we altered that, it didn't affect anything at all.

Thanks for the 3rd person info. The mission is "co30_domination_2_57zoa_west_r_oa.takistan.pbo" and I'm looking through the description.ext, there is nothing about lives in there. We assumed it was the 30 respawns, but once we altered that, it didn't affect anything at all.

You're going to have to ask Domination specific questions in the Domination thread or you probably won't get a good answer :)