Sign in to follow this  
Albert Schweitzer

Is e-bay worth the effort

I am realy wondering if E-bay is a place where you can realy get good stuff for little money now and then? Have some of you tried it out? Did it work? What did you buy? For what price? Do you know something better than E-bay? And does goat milk have more calories than cow-milk?

I use eBay for all my computer purchases. You can find some really good deals there. Got a 40GB for 20 bucks, and a 64MB nVidia for 40. Just gotta look around. I recommend it. Just make sure that the seller has a large number of feedbacks and check them out.

Also your best route is to go for "Dutch auctions" which means the seller has a large quantity of the product to sell (anywhere from 10 to 100 units). That way you only pay the LOWEST amount bid, and you have a better chance of getting the item.

Oh yeah...and just make sure the seller ships overseas (unless there is an Internation eBay that you are talking about).

Oh yeah, this dutch-auction sounds more trustworthy to me! I guess some of those dealers ask their friends to push up prices and to write them good references! confused.gif

Actually dutch auctions are where I got most of my equipment...still use it and runs great. They are usually stores that sell dutch auction items and clear inventory. Not everything is individual. If you look at their profile they usually can send you to the store address.

I've bought numerous things on eBay and have NEVER been ripped off yet. eBay actually takes strong precautions against fraud.

I say give it a try. If you don't like it no big loss on your part. biggrin.gif

eBay can be really cool. But be careful.

Some people get into bidding frenzies, and in the end pay as much as they would if they shopped locally, and sometimes more when you take shipping into account.

As Akira says, there are good deals to be had...you just have to shop carefully.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Akira @ May 24 2002,17:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Actually dutch auctions are where I got most of my equipment...<span id='postcolor'>

Hmm but are the manuals in English? confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ May 24 2002,20:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Akira @ May 24 2002,17:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Actually dutch auctions are where I got most of my equipment...<span id='postcolor'>

Hmm but are the manuals in English?  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Ok....

I don't know whether to LOL or stare at the screen....