Sign in to follow this  
Elkse

ArmA2 (retail D2D) and Arrowhead (Steam) not combining

i recently got ArmA2 for free from a promotion code, and downloaded it from greenmangaming. After reading the official steam ArmA forum FAQ and reading

"Q: Can i use retail version of A2 with my STEM A2: OA ?

A: Yes, You can as long as the language is supported and ARMA 2 is updated to version 1.08 Note: might not work with Polish and Russian retail releases"

I decided to purchase ArmA2:Operation Arrowhead from steam. I feel as if i have just wasted £15, as the main reason i bought it was under the assumption it would become combined ops with my copy of ArmA2.

I have tried running arma2 from its directory /programfiles(x86)/capsulegames/Arma II-PC/ and then operation arrowhead on steam, as well as trying the "run combined ops" option on steam. A cmd box appears and then the game launches, but only as operation arrowhead. I have tried running all of these as administrator: Arma2, Steam, OA in the steam directory and also _runA2CO to no avail. I find it particularly distressing as in the forum it was clearly stated by Bohemia interactive staff that i would be able to run my games as combined ops. I have also tried the manual file _junctionA2intoOA4me_vista&seven (i am running windows 7 64bit) linked on this thread http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=101214 , im not sure if this was the correct thing to do, but as the directions are far from clear in my opinion it was the option that looked most likely to be correct. If anyone has had a similar problem and has been able to fix it, i would be most grateful for your help.

Edited by Elkse

You probably need to adjust the _runA2CO batch file.

It probably does not point to the /programfiles(x86)/capsulegames/Arma II-PC/ directory.

which line in the _runA2CO batch file will i need to edit to point to that directory?

---------- Post added at 01:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 AM ----------

Solved, thanks for the input PvPscene (: