Sign in to follow this  
Danny_K_1

Anyway to run retail ARMA through STEAM?

I was just gifted the STEAM version of BAF but as I run retail ARMA 2: CO I can't download it. Anyway to validate it through STEAM so I can download it, cheers.

I don't believe you can. Have you tried adding the shortcut for ArmA into Steam?

I doubt it'll work, but it's worth a try.

Doubt it, steam versions and "retail" DLC arent compatible because steam doesnt allow it (thats why BF3 doesnt come to steam) and I dont see why it would work the other way round.

I've been hearing its possible and it isn't possible I'm just not sure and thus I came here, literally spent like an hour googling if theres anyway to do it and after turning up pretty much nothing I decided to ask you guys and post a Steam support ticket. Its pretty shite if it can't be done, hopefully someone knows a way.

You could try moving the BAF folder from Steam into your normal directory. Dunno if it would work though...

Nah it won't let me download it until I have a Steam version of CO/OA I'm sure.

You can't buy BAF on Steam without buying OA there. But, if you have a second (retail) copy of OA you can install BAF from Steam.

I don't know why BIS doesn't allow to buy the DLC's on Steam for retail copies, it would work technically.

I have both ARMA 2 and Operation Arrowhead individually on retail, how would I install BAF from Steam?

As I said, you can't. Only if you would have OA on Steam, you could.

Oh right, its because you said if I have a second retail copy of OA then I could. :P

I said, you can install BAF from Steam with a retail copy, but you can't buy BAF on Steam without buying OA too. So if you have a friend who owns OA on Steam, you can ask him to buy BAF and then you can install the DLC from his account.

Thats the question mate you seem to have misunderstood, I was already gifted the DLC (as in, it has already been bought) but they won't even let me download it without having OA I don't think.

Bought? How is it even possible? Ok, probably is buying not the problem but activating. Anyways, you still need a friend with OA on Steam. Or you have to buy a second copy of OA, but this time on Steam, if the DLC adressed to your account.

Well, that's a bug on Steam and maybe even BIS' fault.

Aye you can buy something for other people and gift it to them on Steam, problem is I can't bloody download the thing. :p

Have your friend PayPal you $10 and get it off Sprocket. :)

Nah hes already gifted me this, I'm not going to as him for money I already have. :p

I'm only making a fuss because it would be rude to have him gift me this and then not be able to use it.