Sign in to follow this  
thecoolsideofthepillow

Can't Connect to Multiplayer

I got ARMA II yesterday through the Green Man gaming promo. Single player works just fine, but when I go to connect to any multiplayer server, the loading bar gets about half-way across the screen, then seems to lock up for a bit and when it comes back, it just spits me back out to the main menu where pressing any button, even the exit button, starts trying to load back into the server, creating an infinite loop of loading, freezing, and going back to the main menu until I use the task manager to kill the process.

Have you tried playing single-player? Is FADE being activated? If so, it is nothing Bohemia Interactive can do, something wrong with the key that Green Man Gaming gave you. Post on their forum.

My guess that the servers are kicking you because they think you have an illegal copy.

No, as I said before the single player is working just fine; I get no errors or issues at all when playing campaign mode. I'm not getting any errors trying to play multiplayer, either. It just goes into a crazy loop of connecting, freezing for a bit, then going back to the main menu. If it was kicking me out of the server due to a bad key of some kind, wouldn't it give me an error stating this?

It might be that FADE simply hasn't yet taken a noticeable effect in singleplayer yet.

How long did you play singleplayer for? I believe takes a while for FADE to be noticeable. Because, it slowly degrades the game over time...meaning the more time you play, the more noticeable it will be.

Go play for an hour or so and then tell me.

Edited by Nicholas

It has no relation to FADE - don't let people confuse you TheCoolSideofthePillow.

Please post your RPT instead to allow people diagnose the source of your problem. Ty

PvPscene, I never said that it was FADE. I think you need to learn how to read.

I simply said that the servers may believe that he has an illegal copy and they kick him off before he loads in completely.

I then went on to ask if FADE is activated in singleplayer.

It has no relation to FADE - don't let people confuse you TheCoolSideofthePillow.

Please post your RPT instead to allow people diagnose the source of your problem. Ty

Where would these logs be stored?

In a hidden folder located at

C:\Users\<account name>\AppData\Local\ArmA 2

Thanks; here's the log. I was playing single player while waiting for a response, so if I need to re-run the game to the point where I am getting the issue, just let me know.

Edit: Gonna have to upload it somewhere; it's too long to post in a reply D:

edit2: http://www.mediafire.com/?ki8kn924k88oknj

After playing some more SP, I got the little water mark "illegal copies ma degrade" so perhaps this does have something to do with GMG's keys.

So much for 'no relation to fade' :p

After playing some more SP, I got the little water mark "illegal copies ma degrade" so perhaps this does have something to do with GMG's keys.

That's what I thought. I figured the server was kicking you before you could even load in.

What was that PvP? I don't think you should be confusing people. I've been playing ArmA since the series was introduced. Even before that, I was playing OFP all the time.

I think I know what I'm talking about when I say something. I might not be able to word it for others to understand, but I know what I'm talking about.

@ TheCoolSideofthePillow

The RPT posted shows no sign of MP. Did you delete the file and try MP afterwards?

One possible reason for this is that the GMG service installed BattleEye to the wrong location. Once their servers stop being hammered with connections, I should be able to get in, re-install the game properly, and hope that it fixes this.