Sign in to follow this  
Shinji

Create a MASH object in the editor

Hello everybody,

Can you please tell me how to add a mash object to the map.

I'm playing MSO ACE VERSION and it came without transportable mash.

I want to build one in the editor for my own use.

Please help meh.

Should create a OA MASH tent 5m in front of the player.

_mash = "MASH_EP1" createVehicle (player modelToWorld [0,5,0]);

Thank you! Will it work with any mission and where do I put that line.

My scripting / editing knowledge is = 0,001 I can nearly make missions is the editor for training.

But I have supa NON arma/ofp scripting background so I would understand what you will say.

Just put this code at the bottom of your init.sqf and make sure you have the Functions Module on your map.

BIS_MENU_GroupCommunication = [];

waituntil {!isnil "bis_fnc_init"};
waituntil {!isnil "BIS_MENU_GroupCommunication"};

BIS_MENU_GroupCommunication = [
   ["User menu", false],
   ["View distance up", [2], "", -5, [["expression", "if (viewdistance + 500 <= 10000) then {setviewdistance (viewdistance + 500)}; hint (""View distance set to "" + str viewdistance)"]], "1", "1"],
   ["View distance down", [3], "", -5, [["expression", "if (viewdistance - 500 >= 1000) then {setviewdistance (viewdistance - 500)}; hint (""View distance set to "" + str viewdistance)"]], "1", "1"],
   ["",[],"",-1,[],"0","0"],
   ["Anim : Push up", [4], "", -5, [["expression", "player playmovenow ""AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_exercisePushup"";"]], "1", "1"],
   ["",[],"",-1,[],"0","0"],
   ["Deploy MASH", [5], "", -5, [["expression", "_mash = ""MASH_EP1"" createVehicle (player modelToWorld [0,5,0]);"]], "1", "1"]
];

After that you can press Spacebar in game and choose Communication and you'll see "Deploy MASH" as an option. Select that to create a tent 10m in front of you.

Ideally you'd want to use a script to see if one is there already or limit how many you can make, but this is a quick and dirty way. :)

thank you , and it will work for respawn just like that?

what if I want to use another object as MASH and deploy it in the battlefield as I need it

Then you want custom compostions script all instructions come with it on how to make your own have not got a link google it

Yeah, you just need to change the "MASH_EP1" part to be whatever classname you wanted really. And change the Deploy MASH part too I guess.

I'm fairly sure the Communication Menu persists through respawns, but not entirely sure to be honest.

please , if you can give me more details it would be great.

help me plz ... I'm a total arma scripting NOOOOOB

Did you download the demo mission to test it? Did you change the classname I told you to change? Do you even understand how it works?

If you answered 'no' to any of that, you really need to start over from the beginning with scripting and learn the basics before trying this kind of thing.

It's kind Of confusing! You confuse me with your scripting superpawa.

Ok today I will take the code u gave me and put it at the button of the init. Of my mission.

Then change the class name to whatever object I want to be the mash.

Do you confirm it's what you meant.

See I'm a dump noob but with a bright future ahead.

Tonight I'm free and will test the shit out of anything you propose.

It does deploy a mash but I can't spawn at it

Help me plz

You never said this was supposed to be a mobile respawn point as well. :)

If you're trying to use it within MSO that mission already includes portable MASH objects which work as forward respawn points. Make sure you bring your MASH kit from base with you.

Well that is the sad part the Mso mission I play even tho it's from their main page at heaven does not have mash

Please can u help me

PlEeeeeease ** sad innocent face **

Upgrade to the version that does?

It's simple enough to move the respawn point to where the tent is, but then you lose your base respawn point. It gets a lot more complicated once you try to offer options for where to respawn. Upgrading to the latest version of MSO seems the way to go for me. :) No sense reinventing the wheel when it's already on your car.

The latest version being 3.42 if yes then it's the one I'm using and yet no mash

Any advice