Sign in to follow this  
Panthzeon

Newb Pilot question

Hey guys, have been very curious about Take-On and it's development.

Forgive my newbie question, but when I take off in the chopper, it keeps wanting to rotate to the right. Is that the torque? Is that intended and I'm supposed to be counter-act that with the "X" key?

Confused :)

i assume you are using keyboard mouse? the torque is an intended feature. try using AUTO TRIM on, or just more practice flying with the manual trim. (pressing x most of the time)

I am using rudders / keyboard and having same issue, its not a little torque, I am flat out spinning heavily to the right.. an insane amount, i even have my left rudder down and still cant bring it under control

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 PM ----------

i do better using auto trim on to take off, but once trim is off, it slowly decays until its as stated above... until you are rotating heavy right and then spinning out of control with no hope to ever recover into a hover.

If this is what flying a helicopter is like in real life, I am no longer interested ;D

My remote heli is just like that as the heli's battery drains down, till you eventually run out of trim on the RC controller.

I hooked up my x65f, whew 10x worse.. just totallly out of control and rotating and spinning right, im almost spinning as fast as a top

That sounds very strange. How does it handle using just mouse, keyboard and auto-trim?

works okay with auto trim on, I can buzz around at least. I'm no where near a good pilot yet :D

---------- Post added at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

It's definitely related to THROTTLE setup... I changed mine a bit and sorta got throttle working via analog and my hotas setup and i can actually fly now without spinning using auto trim off, but on take off it is still a problem. I spin massively on take-off until way airborne then i can get it under control. Before I got the throttle setup using analog there was never hope to get any control. So hope that info helps some...