Sign in to follow this  
DaMulder

The "Unfinished Business" Mission

OK, the mission where Armstrong and Gastovski meet with the Rebels on Everon and suddenly the Russkies attack. Is there any way to solve this mission without fleeing to the boat? It is pretty possible to kill the russians but there is one problem: There are not enough LAWs to kill all the tanks! Is there any secret LAW crate or sth? Or can you somehow make the tanks drive into the mine field? Please tell me more about this!

DaMulder

sorry no clue,

i came here looking for the answer, i've tried it about 5 times in a row, seems impossible. i just wanted to make sure i wasnt wasting my time. this game is so immersive, it might just be thrown in there as an impossible level.

wonder why no ones replied?

I don't think that there is. But you can get more points by shooting Russians in that mission.

My guess is that you can't win. You're not suppose to join the battle, just run back to the boat, so I'm not surprised the russian force is overwhelming.

I think your right krusty the campaign is like a story and there is pretty much just only one way the story will go no matter what you do. I think later on you find out that some of the resistance fighters like salva? die maybe thats where he dies.

I've been trying for days now and it seems possible after all! I havent done it yet but here is my plan:

First I kill all the troops (which is extremely easy with an attack from the right side. Then you try and find 1 or 2 LAWs (sometimes there are some) and don't forget about the minefield! I was able to get 2 of the Tanks to drive into the mine field! And if all the tanks are gone this mission should be solved in a totally new way! I am gonna keep on trying! And just think about the score :-)!

Well, when you just run back to the boat the mission briefing says that all the rebels might be dead but you solved the mission anyway. That absolutely sounds like there has to be a better way!

Don't forget about the RPG you can get (with a little arm-twisting) from one of the resistance fighters at the castle!

But it seems there's a time limit to it, too. It cut me off after 30 minutes. That might be the real problem to finding an alternative ending for this mission!

You can kill all the tanks and enemy soldiers If..

1. You are lucky enough to get some of the tanks into the minefield.

2. You use all the laws you can get on the other tanks.

3. Once the Resisitance soldier with the RPG is killed.. you take that and use it too..

4. You find anything else on the soviet troops (never actually checked)

You can finish the mission that way, but by arriving back at the boat, all you get is a better score.

Alternatively, you can do like my friend did.. and cheat... but that's not as fun.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from DaMulder on 11:19 pm on Nov. 21, 2001

I've been trying for days now and it seems possible after all! I havent done it yet but here is my plan:

First I kill all the troops (which is extremely easy with an attack from the right side. Then you try and find 1 or 2 LAWs (sometimes there are some) and don't forget about the minefield! I was able to get 2 of the Tanks to drive into the mine field! And if all the tanks are gone this mission should be solved in a totally new way! I am gonna keep on trying! And just think about the score :-)!

Well, when you just run back to the boat the mission briefing says that all the rebels might be dead but you solved the mission anyway. That absolutely sounds like there has to be a better way!

<span id='postcolor'>

Sounds good, DaMulder!!

A very good position for resisting the russians is the top of the tower. From there out I killed all the infantry, but I had no LAW for the tanks sad.gif

Maybe you can grab a LAW on the ground and then retreat to the top of the tower with it?

Happy hunting and keep us informed of your mission status :biggrin: