Sign in to follow this  
Murklor

Trying to host a game, connection refused on the port???

Ok, someone with a bigger brain might be able to figure this out because I dont understand it... I'm using canyouseeme.org to check if the port is open and this is the result:

Router not set up, Windows Firewall on - Connection timed out on port 2302. Its logical, I checked the logs and the router does indeed block the UDP packet.

Router port forwarding fixed, Windows Firewall still on - Connection timed out on port 2302. Checked the logs, the packets now go through the router but its still being blocked somehow.

Router port forwarding fixed, Windows Firewall inbound/outbound rules set up - Connection timed out on port 2302.

Router port forwarding fixed, Windows Firewall turned OFF to test - Connection to port 2302 refused. Note that it doesnt time out now - it plainly refuse it.

WTF am I missing??? What could be blocking the connection :confused:

Sidenote: Maybe the troubleshooting forum is better but meh I didnt think that far.

I had the same problem when I tried to setup the latest server version and gave up after many tries. Old server version (1.57?) worked perfect in 1 go. I'm interested in the possible anwser too :)

Its not Arrowhead or a dedicated server though, I'm merely trying to host a game with Arma II 1.10, using the multiplayer browser->new->internet. The end result is that anyone trying to connect by IP doesnt see it listed.

Hi, Well with those Online Port checkers you NEED to have the game running in ONLINE MODE..

Try using Port Forward port checker.. Also what are you on Cable or DSL?? Did you setup Port forwarding??

Its DSL, it doesnt matter if I run the game or not while checking and I have set up port forwarding as that was the whole point with the original post. Using another checker, it also says the port is closed even when I see its going through the router.

If the port was blocked by my ISP, I shouldnt see a blocked connection on my router when I disable the port forward, right?

OK IF you are on DSL and have a seperate Router and modem you may have the modem acting as a Router causing you to be Double NATTED.. Meaning you are behind 2 routers which for PF is a bad thing..

so to test this theory log into your Router the 2nd device and goto Status in there look for WAN IP OR internet IP what is the first 2 sets of Octets??

IF they are 192.168.. 10.0..172.0.. you are behind a 2nd Router.. Also you can ONLY CHEck your IP in the Router for this test do not goto a IP checker site..

To get this fixed you will need to put your Modem into Bridge mode.. you may need to contact your ISP to do this..