Sign in to follow this  
nuxil

Redirecting Mp-Mission download to another Host!

Many played missions in arma are getting bigger and bigger. this puts alot of unnecessary stress on the network.causing lag/timeouts etc.

most players are to lazy or don't know how to add a mission to the mpdir or the cache dir. they just go in the mp lobby and press on a server. this is bad for pub servers.

especially when missions are big and updates are weekly.

it would be very neat to add in this kind of Feature in arma3. and its most welcome :)

read this post by dwarden to get a better understanding of what i mean.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1251913&postcount=1

Yes, I agree 100% on this.

Been waiting for a lot of time, and I still am, for it to be in a patch in Arma 2.

But this is a major feature for Arma 3, with little work for developers like Dwarden said.

_neo_

Considering that post was 02 dec 2009, with the line "- some code must be added but not much (as most of code needed is already in)", why don't we already have it?

But yea, highly agrees.

I too, like neokika have been waiting for a long time for this feature to be included into arma2.

but it never came.

why don't we already have it?

exactly my thoughts aswell. but since they are making arma3 now, i hope they do add this in that game at least.

They aren't putting it in ArmA 2 because they want it as another feature to sell in ArmA3... unless Dwarden was lying back in that old post in the A2 section about them only needing a few lines of code.

Or it simply turned out to be more complicated than Dwarden originally though.

Or it simply turned out to be more complicated than Dwarden originally though.

:D, probably...