Sign in to follow this  
oo para oo

Combined what??

I am so confused with this game, having recently bought the game and purchased, Ao, then BF and then Arma 2 as everybody said you need it for online, i am now told i need to use combined operations???

This game is bloody confusing ingame nevermind before you boot up. I bought them on steam, I am now told in order to play with 99 percent of mp servers i need to uninstall everything from steam, re download arma 2 again then the add on's. Then move stuff and do some scripting.

Seriously is this game the most un userfreiendly game out there? I am lost, confused and just a little fed up. Can some body tell me why I have to delete then redown load 24 gigs worth of games again from steam? I really dont get it.

:( :butbut:

ps. anybody out there whant to play the campaign co-op with me? seems so much easier. I am in uk on 10 gig line.

I am so confused with this game, having recently bought the game and purchased, Ao, then BF and then Arma 2 as everybody said you need it for online, i am now told i need to use combined operations???

Lol. CO is just ArmA 2 + OA.

This game is bloody confusing ingame nevermind before you boot up. I bought them on steam, I am now told in order to play with 99 percent of mp servers i need to uninstall everything from steam, re download arma 2 again then the add on's. Then move stuff and do some scripting.

Seriously is this game the most un userfreiendly game out there? I am lost, confused and just a little fed up. Can some body tell me why I have to delete then redown load 24 gigs worth of games again from steam? I really dont get it.

:( :butbut:

ps. anybody out there whant to play the campaign co-op with me? seems so much easier. I am in uk on 10 gig line.

There is your answer to the question of why not use Steam. The game isn't un-userfriendly, however Steam can make it become just that to a newbie. :(

There is your answer to the question of why not use Steam. The game isn't un-userfriendly, however Steam can make it become just that to a newbie. :(

Except whoever told him that is lying. Installing & running CO on Steam couldn't be easier.

Enough with the Steam lies... :(

If you use Steam, and have both ARMA2 and OA installed, there should be an option to play CO when you click the OA play button.

More specifically.....

Start Steam.

Go into Library and click OA. You MUST click OA at this step, NOT ArmA2. It doesn't matter what time they were installed.

Click play. You should see a menu with "Launch as Combined Operations" or something like that at the bottom. Select it.

Have fun!

If you use Steam, and have both ARMA2 and OA installed, there should be an option to play CO when you click the OA play button.

More specifically.....

Start Steam.

Go into Library and click OA. You MUST click OA at this step, NOT ArmA2. It doesn't matter what time they were installed.

Click play. You should see a menu with "Launch as Combined Operations" or something like that at the bottom. Select it.

Have fun!

Just one small note: in order for OA to start properly, both the original ArmA II and Operation Arrowhead must have been launched (through Steam) at least once.