Sign in to follow this  
Phantom Six

What Would You Like Me to Make?

What kind of mission pack would YOU like me to make?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of mission pack would YOU like me to make?

• Terrorist Hunt Undercover
    • Hostage Rescue
    • 2 Player Coop Missions
    • Other, Please specify

I have a couple ideas in mind to create over the summer right now if I have time other than my outdoor activities and such. I'm planning to make another pack of missions kind of like the Terrorist Hunt pack I have created, but I don't know which ideas I should go with first, so I would like some opinions on what would you like and here are the ideas:

Terrorist Hunt Undercover: This will be the same thing as the original Terrorist Hunt I have created but now with civilians and terrorists blending in with them in a large area (so far the best place I can think for this would be Zargabad, maybe some Feruz Abad or something, or Fallujah for custom maps). The terrorists will most likely be blending in with civilians and carrying pistols (I have see that if you holster your pistol in ARMA, you can't even see it at all until it is pointed out so if I make an OPFOR civilian, he can surely blend with the OPFOR and probably pull the gun out while you are not looking). I'm also thinking some suicide bombers and probably some cars and vehicles laying around that you can board (just to find that the cars will blow right up once you get in). Practically, you try to eliminate all terrorists (some of them blending in with the civilians) but if you kill a couple civilians, you lose. It will probably have lesser terrorists as well.

Hostage Rescue: The title says it all... just rescue the hostage and don't let them die or else you will lose, but I'm also planning to add parameters to allow you to set the weather, time of day, view distance, enemy skills, enemy positions (switch it around to have different enemies, leave it the same one each time and you'll get the same kind), and probably a parameter on how many lives you have (can't decide whether to use Revive Script, Limited Respawn, or Spawn as Crow).

Two Player Coop Pack: Just a pack of random two player coop missions (don't know if I should make it with Revive or No Revive or Respawn at all).

Or some other kind of pack. Please specifiy. Try to stay within my knowledge of creating missions please, I know how to make some simpler stuff, but I'm not a scripting god. Don't mention anything that would take me too long to make please. Thank you.

(I hope this is the right section for this by the way)

Edited by Phantom Six

Coffee, and a hostage rescue mission. Loved those in RavenShield, but obviously we cant have flashing & storming rooms in ArmA, so actually you should use the big landscape and make the players first search where the hostages are.

Just an idea: tracking satellite-phones normally leaves you with a big area to search cause they can't be pinpointed to precise GPS coords. So when the terrorists are communicating, the players see a rather big marker (2km) and need to search all villages for suspicious behaviour. Or use a satellite view addon. Or maybe the vehicle of the terrorists has been identified already and finding that vehicle inside the marker would lead to the place where the hostages are held.

:D

Alright thanks for the feedback strange, as for the satellite, would I need an addon for thisnor just place a big red circle on the map and you head there. I would like to avoid addons except for a blackops merc version if people are interested with smgs n more pistols. So start far from the objective instead of near with a heli near? In this case, will helicopter be driven by a player or radio extract?

Satellite view: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10147

but you can also just place a red marker, its up to you.

I guess the best coop fun would be if all players get into a chopper with good allround view and search the area together, each one looking in different direction. I'd use 1 player slot as the heli pilot, as humans can conduct better search patterns.

When assaulting the hideout, the pilot could provide overhead watch and report any fleeing suspects for example.

Well I haven't start this yet but I want to avoid addons for vanilla versions for the newbies who don't know how to use addons or public server that don't require it so I'm thinking a red circle marker. Now how should respawn work. Revive? Limited respawn like the t-hunt I made. Or spawn as bird (no respawn). If other respawn option, I will still add a no respawn/revive options in the mp parameters.

As for the people who voted more on 2 player coop missions. Shall I have no respawn (u lose if your buddy is dead), revive, or depends on the mission. (planning to put autosave per objective as well)

How about a mission on Takistan with World in Conflict Tool..

Nah, though I like the dynamic of it and what it does, I'm just planning to make a couple packs that hopefully won't take me too long.