Sign in to follow this  
Millenium7

Dynamic retexturing/layering of objects. I.E. weather & seasons?

I have a question (or suggestion, name in credits? :)) for the developers. Since RTT is now confirmed does this mean that you would have a focus on dynamic retexturing or simply multi-layering textures onto objects.

I.E.

- If it started snowing then trees would start to show snow on them, the ground texture would start to become more and more white, vehicles and units will start to have snow covering them up

- If it starts raining, puddles can dynamically form on the ground creating a more shiny or reflective surface. Metal objects could have an additional amount of 'shine' added to them, etc

- In autumn the trees and the ground around them would be much more brown/orange

Apart from the obvious eye candy my hope would be to reduce the need for addons just for a simply re-texturing. So a standard M1A1 would not stick out like a sore thumb in a winter environment, it would be partly covered in a snow texture with the original texture underneath it. Or the texture could be swapped to make it fit winter/desert/jungle environments without the need for 3 seperate units

So my question is, is this likely to be a feature in ArmA3?

You should of just left this question in the RTT thread or brought it up in the Wishlist thread rather than start a whole new topic after already asking previously.

I agree with Steakslim... Although those are some good questions that I would like some answers to...

I agree, it's just that when Foxhound or the other mods awaken from their slumber in the icy seas, this thread will be done for probably.