Sign in to follow this  
Dionysos

New accents in resistance?

I was wondering if there are to be any new accents (like in Red Hammer) for the resistance forces in Resistance?

Also, is it possible to get the Russian accents from Red Hammer into the voice selecting menu, since the only accents their I can find our the standard American ones?

Yes, it is possible to do that. I think it's somewhere on Avon's faq.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Dionysos @ May 21 2002,16:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Also, is it possible to get the Russian accents from Red Hammer into the voice selecting menu, since the only accents their I can find our the standard American ones?<span id='postcolor'>

You mean you want to use the Russian accents in missions you make in Mission Editor? I posted about this a while back. Hold on.

I'll just copy and paste what I had before.

"Don't know if anyone else has done this but I just go to the User folder and go into my folder in it and open the userinfo file with notepad and go down to where it says Speaker="[name]" and changed the name to any of these names...

Aleksei

Andrei

Boris

Georgiy

Ivan

Nikolai

Oleg

Ruslan

Sergey

Vadim

Vitaliy

Vladimir

I'v only tried Ivan but I'm sure the rest would work (only just done this). I know the names because I extracted the VoiceRH.pbo for the russian voices and they were all there. Just an attempt to make the game more realistic Russians sounding Russian

There was another way that someone had on an editing page but certain words were not used so you would get "1: 9 o'clock enemy ....... ....." "1: target .......... ......." but with this way all the words are here like in Red Hammer. The voices also don't work if you go to edit your character like voice pitch at least for me it didn't and you'd have to go retype the name in."

The names all work I tried them all now.