Sign in to follow this  
tsb247

Some Plot Speculation

I have been looking back at some of the information presented in the ARG and have done some historical digging, and I think I have come up with a plausible plot/setting/backdrop for the upcoming Arma 3.

Any comments or addtional information would be appreciated. I think I may be on to something here! :D

I also have not seen any threads specifically speculating on plot yet (having searched), so I figured no time like the present.

The first thing I found odd is that the hackers that 'attacked' BI sites referred to themselves as Persian. It surprises me that nobody has noticed this very subtle clue. Let us take a look at some history shall we.

This is present day Iran:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Iran_(orthographic_projection).svg

We all know where it is located on the globe. However, you will also notice that the label of Persia is conspicuously absent. Sure, there are some circles that (may) refer to modern day Iran as, "Persia," but I have never met an Iranian that has done so.

However, I have noticed a connection between some clues given in the ARG and ancient history.

Here you will find a map of the Persian Empire circa 500 B.C.

http://globaltwilight.edublogs.org/files/2011/03/persian_empire-1jwwelb.jpg

Notice the landmass that is covered. This was one of the greatest empires of the ancient world, and it was both a military and economic powerhouse of its time.

Now we look at the ARG 'hint'

http://armaenigma.com/images/d/d9/Treasure.jpg

Notice the origins or the invading force and their path into Europe. Do you see any parallels?

I propose the following:

At the point in the (alternate) history in which Arma 3 takes place, Iran becomes a military and economic powerhouse once again. Seeing their own might finally restored, Iran attempts to rebuild (and expand) the former Persian Empire.

The Persian Empire invades Europe to expand it's territory and gain an even stronger economic/military foothold in the region.

Where does the U.S. fit into all of this?

We were able to reference this ancient Persian poem (at the bottom of the page) given clues in the ARG:

http://armaenigma.com/index.php?title=Saturday,_May_7th_2011,_18:00_CEST

What is the archtypical symbol of the U.S.? The eagle. However, I am uncertain exactly where it is heading.

I am also uncertain how China could fit into it since there is no direct link except for the chinese characters in the hacker's avatars (unless I missed something).

Any thoughts???

This is a very hard mess. Because guess who opposes such an idea ? Yes, good old Russia. They would immidiatly respond on such an Iranian developement with striking hard on their economy and that would be fatal for the entire country. In case of Iran beeing able to expand without any negative response from the rest of the world, Russia still would be pretty much capable of smashing them down by military force with China and India most probably joining up.

No, it kinda sounded more like a Mid-East scenario, where all arabian states unite, conquering Israel and crushind all remaining or potential US allies in the region and then with help of all great or emerging powers ( China, Russia, Latin-America ), trying to pick on the US everywhere they can. An US vs everyone scenario, where Europe is the last ally, maybe.

Something big has definitely taking place, otherwise NATO wouldn't be on the brink of being "pushed into the sea". Interesting that there's been no real mention of Russia yet.

The specific mentioning of penicillin and laser technology in the ARG has led me to believe there's more to Lemnos than just its "strategic location".

As long as they dont pull a Crystal skull I'm all happy!

This is a very hard mess. Because guess who opposes such an idea ? Yes, good old Russia. They would immidiatly respond on such an Iranian developement with striking hard on their economy and that would be fatal for the entire country. In case of Iran beeing able to expand without any negative response from the rest of the world, Russia still would be pretty much capable of smashing them down by military force with China and India most probably joining up.

No, it kinda sounded more like a Mid-East scenario, where all arabian states unite, conquering Israel and crushind all remaining or potential US allies in the region and then with help of all great or emerging powers ( China, Russia, Latin-America ), trying to pick on the US everywhere they can. An US vs everyone scenario, where Europe is the last ally, maybe.

Nato vs world will be nice. Desintegration of UN, after somekind Nato intervention in Middle East Revolutions with the rejection of Russia and China. after that economy of the world go wild, because of economic sanction impose by both parties. Then ww3 become inevitable, neutral nations will join the party that will offer a better deal(resources, territories money not). Please do not make a democracy vs dictatorship crusade

Well if the economy has anything to do with it, then it may mean that the 'Good' ending of PMC is canonical in the Armaverse, and the end result was a global economic meltdown just like crazy-ass Reynolds said there'd be.

EDIT

and if that's true then 'R' in the Miller photo cannot be Reynolds.

Edited by 2nd Ranger
I had that backwards, meant GOOD ending, not BAD

Well if the economy has anything to do with it, then it may mean that the 'Good' ending of PMC is canonical in the Armaverse, and the end result was a global economic meltdown just like crazy-ass Reynolds said there'd be.

EDIT

and if that's true then 'R' in the Miller photo cannot be Reynolds.

I thought the other way was the good ending. :(

I guess you're a utilitarian kind of guy.

EDIT

I had to edit my post up there earlier because I got confused. I had originally said that a guy in the ARG questions thread asked "If China is an actor in Arma 3 then does that mean the 'Bad' ending of PMC is canonical?", and I went on to say that could mean Reynolds IS the 'R' in the miller photo. But now I think that maybe we were talking about different endings too. Now I'm concerned for my morality.

Edited by 2nd Ranger

I guess you're a utilitarian kind of guy.

EDIT

I had to edit my post up there earlier because I got confused. I had originally said that a guy in the ARG questions thread asked "If China is an actor in Arma 3 then does that mean the 'Bad' ending of PMC is canonical?", and I went on to say that could mean Reynolds IS the 'R' in the miller photo. But now I think that maybe we were talking about different endings too. Now I'm concerned for my morality.

That was me, with the "bad" ending being canonical. I regard the "bad" ending as that where the info gets out, which the subsequent news report says causes upheaval.

Also, isn´t China one of Irans major weapons suppliers? Iran also has relatively good relationships with Russia, unless I´m completely mistaken.

interesting. Lemnos would play a significant strategic value for controlling shipping trade

routes through istanbul. not to mention a great staging base for those dirty laser cannons

theyre building.

interesting. Lemnos would play a significant strategic value for controlling shipping trade

routes through istanbul. not to mention a great staging base for those dirty laser cannons

theyre building.

That's what I was thinking. I was picturing Lemnos as playing a similar strategic role to the island of Rhodes (see Greek history). Lemnos (or whatever they will rename it for the sake of the game) is positioned so that it would make for one hell of a choke point for shipping passing through the Mediterranian Sea from the Middle East.

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 PM ----------

That sounds plausible as well. However, I'm not sure how Russian would respond. They generally have a rather friendly attitude towards Iran. However, I'm sure that if China started throwing their weight around, they would get a little edgy. They are right on Russia's doorstep and they have fought over land in the past.

That was me, with the "bad" ending being canonical. I regard the "bad" ending as that where the info gets out, which the subsequent news report says causes upheaval.

Also, isn´t China one of Irans major weapons suppliers? Iran also has relatively good relationships with Russia, unless I´m completely mistaken.

Yes, but as you know, politics is a very mean bastard ....

That sounds plausible as well. However, I'm not sure how Russian would respond. They generally have a rather friendly attitude towards Iran. However, I'm sure that if China started throwing their weight around, they would get a little edgy. They are right on Russia's doorstep and they have fought over land in the past.

EDIT:

same as above

.... and China allready started it's little experiment with Maoist forces, placing several thousand ( disputet and kept secret, sources vary between 15-50.000 ) soldiers on the Chinese-Russian border, which literarily vanished from the surface by the most massive Russian BM-21 bombardement of the century. It left such a giant molten devestation on their armoured brigades, that people started to rumor about secret soviet orbital weapons stations, which never existed.

However, unless Russia does not use the same firepower over and over again without adding nukes, China in full mobilized force, would most probably rush trough Russia like a glowing knife through butter.

Edited by CommanderYuri