Sign in to follow this  
steelblood

New Mission Help

Hi, it's been a while since i posted last, i've been of the editting scene for a while due to lots of reasons but, i'm back :)

I need some help with producing these features :

A.) Ammo Crates which change location (Maybe a function that changes i don't know if it's possible to change the location of an actual object in the game dependent on a time variable)

B.) Random Spawn Points (I know there is something about this somewhere already, but could not find it)

C.) How to remove the "Set teams" , so i want 8 players say all on the USMC , however i want it to be 2v2v2v2...... Is this possible ?

D.) Airstrike function that randomly generates on set objects (Obvioulsy made in the editor), that when you call it in it drops a JDAM on the location you called it in, it does not need to see the enemy it just does so.

E.) "Kill Streaks" - I know COD......*Sighs* , however it's not like that as such, i want a kill streak so that when you get so many kills you get a bonus or "asset" of some sort, it's gonna be sniper based gameplay hence the 2v2 so it would be an airstrike or something.

F.) A suitable location - any suggestions ? I want an urban environment mixed with a bit of rural (Preferably in a valley or something) Fairly large but not massive by any means as it's only likely to be played by 8 people, but large enough to move and call in airstrikes etc. It's gonna be a sniper gamemode so, any maps are welcome to suggestions :)

Thanks alot guys

Dan

You are going to need to know something about scripting....

A.) Ammo Crates which change location (Maybe a function that changes i don't know if it's possible to change the location of an actual object in the game dependent on a time variable)

setpos

sleep

time

B.) Random Spawn Points (I know there is something about this somewhere already, but could not find it)

Not sure if this will help but....

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=119382

C.) How to remove the "Set teams" , so i want 8 players say all on the USMC , however i want it to be 2v2v2v2...... Is this possible ?

Anything is possible :)... but don't know that one off hand.

D.) Airstrike function that randomly generates on set objects (Obvioulsy made in the editor), that when you call it in it drops a JDAM on the location you called it in, it does not need to see the enemy it just does so.

Many many Airstrike scripts in these forums....a search in for the word "airstrike" does wonders! Here's a link to get you started.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=90365

E.) "Kill Streaks" - I know COD......*Sighs* , however it's not like that as such, i want a kill streak so that when you get so many kills you get a bonus or "asset" of some sort, it's gonna be sniper based gameplay hence the 2v2 so it would be an airstrike or something

Should be fairly easy to make some kind of scoring system if you know how to script.

F.) A suitable location - any suggestions ? I want an urban environment mixed with a bit of rural (Preferably in a valley or something) Fairly large but not massive by any means as it's only likely to be played by 8 people, but large enough to move and call in airstrikes etc. It's gonna be a sniper gamemode so, any maps are welcome to suggestions :)

Maybe someone else can help you here with a great location.

Edited by twirly
Clarity

You are going to need to know something about scripting....

setpos

sleep

time

Not sure if this will help but....

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=119382

Anything is possible :)... but don't know that one off hand.

Many many Airstrike scripts in these forums....a search in for the word "airstrike" does wonders! Here's a link to get you started.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=90365

Should be fairly easy to make some kind of scoring system if you know how to script.

Maybe someone else can help you here with a great location.

I do know a fair amount, just not wise enough to ENTIRELY write them on my own, been doing it for a while now.

Also i've deliberately put the air strike note up knowing full well, theres lots of air strikes scripts out there, the only drawback is i just want it to drop an ordnance on the exact location (Or near abouts) that you select, all the air strike scripts i've come across so far, use seek & Destroy way points as the basis of them. I don't want my jet to have to see the enemy.

Thanks for the heads up on these things

Dan :D