Sign in to follow this  
xRylinx

Underwater Mechanics

So I noticed nobody has really brought up the screenshot that shows a player swimming underwater. I'm curious what game play is going to be added here. :cool: It's probably safe to say one of the campaign missions will have you navigating underwater but I'm curious how much freedom we'll have underwater and how it may bring some interesting mechanics playing online with others.

http://www.armaholic.com/datas/users/arma3_screenshot_02_4.png >100kb!

Edited by Alex72
Image size >100kb

Yeah I'm very excited about how that will work too.

I hope the swimming isn't clunky, I can just imagine, setting a C4 charge on a crane near a pier and jumping off into the water to escape the blast, like a badass. :p

But not just that, I want swimming to become something useful, and not something you dread to do, I also hope the underwater swimming isn't only limited to the units with the scuba gear, would be cool if they added a little air timer for units without proper gear.

Well, i dont know why but it just feels like BIS is alot bigger now than when Arma 2 were released, and have alot more employees. Now, i am only speculating, but i think we'll see a lot new features which will be in very good quality, including swimming underwater.

Maan as long as it does the job, I'm just dreaming about warfare missions where the enemy base is spotted near a coast so I get a heli/boat out near the shoreline and swim in with my laser designator and satchels and call in a teammate with an a-10/harrier(/whatever aircraft BIS conjure up which has the GBU-type big bombs) :rolleyes:

I also hope BIS will include some accessable caves, if not even a cave-system, there are some rather nice ones in the real Lemnos!

I think a mission somewhere between Metal Gear Solid and the St Nazaire Raid would work here. :D

Sneak into port undetected, shoot everyone, blow everything up, run away.

Edited by Daniel

Even if the underwater is only 'lightly' used during the campaign, I can't wait to see what modders come up with if the underwater physics/swimming mechanics are decent enough. :cool:

I can see modders releasing underwater spec ops vehicles, etc