Sign in to follow this  
xxbbcc

Arma 3 content

Would you like to see Arma 1 and Arma 2 content ported to Arma 3?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see Arma 1 and Arma 2 content ported to Arma 3?

• Yes. I'd be willing to pay extra to support the porting effort.
    • Yes. I'm NOT willing to pay extra.
    • No. I don't care about content from earlier games.

Well CAA1 works quite fine for the rest of us, so it's a user issue on your side.

Am I wrong in believing that the AI do not recognize roads on CAA1 islands, and their view is not obstructed by CAA1 vegetation? I also seem to recall that no, or very few, ladders are working on CAA1 buildings, as well as some being sunk part way into the ground. Or have all of those been fixed since I last tried it?

What would be the point of selling ArmA and Arma 2 if this occurred?

What are the ongoing sales figures of those titles going to look like once A3 is released, vs the sales figures of people buying the DLC A1 and A2 content? No question, A1 & A2 DLC content will sell well. For no better reasons than the islands IMO :)

I'd say that, once A3 is relesed, the sales for A1 & A2 will be pretty much minimal. However, they still represent a great deal of development work, and a revamp for DLC purposes might be worth the time & money for a small team to do.

---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

What will happen to multiplayer though? You'd slice up the multiplayer community as much as possible between the hardcore ArmA players, the casual ArmA players, and the editor ArmA players. Same with the map making community.

I don't see that as an argument against. Online servers are already using different maps, the whole point is to get the old, but still excellent maps, into the new engine.

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

People here complain about the $10 they spent on BAF and PMC. Imagine if they figured they had to spend $60 for ported content from ArmA and Arma 2?

People will always complain, it's important to remember that they are not all the same people :) if anyone complained about the $10 or so they shelled out - fuck 'em. :) they didn't need to, and its a lesson that cost them $10.

Now, I would buy it as I always want to support BIS, but I have to say, I think I would be one of very few in such a scenario.

I think I'd buy a BIS gay parade DLC if they made one. I'm not gay, just saying :)

I think I'd buy a BIS gay parade DLC if they made one. I'm not gay, just saying :)

Careful what you wish for.

In all seriousness though, having a DLC(s) for all the maps dating back to Sahrani would be fantastic.

It's probably not going to happen (content porting of A1/A2 to A3), but I would be happy if I would turn out to be wrong.

It would be lovely to see A1/A2 worlds with all buildings enterable and using the proposed destruction effects, paired up with an improved CQB AI behaviour. But those are only dreams....