Sign in to follow this  
shadowhunter388

Loosing Aircraft Wings?

We all know A3 has that new physics engine. What I was wondering is if they are going to include the ability too loose a wing or perhaps a tail wing. How awesome would it be to be flying a F-35 and all of a sudden your plane starts moving out of control and you look behind you and realize your tail wing is gone and you either have to land or parachute out behind enemy lines.

Crash landings I can see as a possibility. Complex damage structural damage affecting the flight model and you're wandering outside the scope of the game.

And auto-rotation has been possible since Armed Assault. In fact i'm lead to believe it was in OFP. Don't quote me on that though.

Autorotation was definately in OFP way back when. I remember doing that when i ran out of fuel from damage. Would be nice to have asymetrical lift vectors from the wings when you take certain kinds of damage though, sort of like how tank tracks can be damaged and youre stuck going in circles

Daniel... I dont really see why such things would be out of the scope of it... Maybe IL-2 damage levels would be too far but I cant see any reasons why they wouldnt be able to manage making a plane act differently if various key components were destroyed...

I'd love to be proved wrong. Maybe we'll see some input from Take On in this regard.