Sign in to follow this  
drewzy

Arma2 Memory Usage Problem

I used to have 3GB of RAM in my PC, but recently I gave 1GB of my RAM to my sister who badly needed some RAM in her computer. I was real carefree about it because I thought Windows XP(Home) never used over 2gigs and because Arma2 "Recommends" 2GB as opposed to the "Required" amount of 1GB. Me interpreting "Recommended" as "This will work well with this..."

So anyway, I'm playing the 'Dogs of War' mission in the 'Harvest Red' campaign and the game crashed to desktop randomly and gave me a small error window saying(..and I know I should have recorded exactly what it said, my bad) something along the lines of 'Ran out of Memory' + some numbers.

First thing I did was hit Ctrl-Alt-Del and sure enough, under the preformance tab it read 2.02 GB usage under the PF usage.

So, does this mean I should buy more RAM or was this one of them RAM leaks people have been talking about on here? I went back and played 5min of the mission, where I left off, to see if it would do it again. It starts around 1.85 GB, but I can see that it was slowly increasing gradually as I played for the 5 minutes. I would have tested longer, but I hate troubleshooting and I figured the answer would be pretty simple, in that I needed to go buy more RAM.

Does Arma2 seriously take more than 2GB of RAM at times?

Thanks in advance, sorry for writing a book.

yes u do need more ram, or lower memory usage in the options screen might help i dont know.

if windows uses 2 gig + arma2 like's ram= 3+ gig of memory in use.