Sign in to follow this  
Hanzu

Razor Two - where will Bardak run if you don't go after him?

Currently re-completing Harvest Red campaign mission Razor Two. Patch 1.59.79600 (beta).

I found Bardak standing near his redblue Skoda in in Solnichy-quarry and he got scared when I approached to pick up Evidence (Dog Tags). Got that Bardak-task completed, but didn't want to go after him to end the mission because I had still other evidence to pick up in northwest. So I just let him go and figured I will easily catch him later assuming he won't run far because we shot his vehicles tyres.

In the end after collecting all the evidence and golden AKS (which has no meaning), I wanted to find ran-away Bardak again, but he was not near west part of Solnichy where I saw him last time.

Do I have any chances re-finding Bardak somewhere or will he just vanish to thin air just like Prizrak in Badlands if you let him walk away and walk after him to see where he goes?

I know what places he visits when he has vehicle, but when he is found once and forced to go on foot, I don't know if he will return to his scripted routine of visiting those same spots?

Also it looks the time limit of findind Bardag (and Lopotev) will go off, once you find Bardak, so I could just go on forever trying to find him in huge Chernarus map.

The good thing is that I still have UAV, I could use for searching and I have RPGd Shilka in Novy Sobor, so I can transport myself anywhere with the helicopter.

Hanzu,

I also lost Bardak once after I ran into him at the quarry. I have already written in these forums somewhere that I found him, by chance, near the church in either Novy Sobor or Stary Sobor. He was on foot.

The UAV may be key for you to find him. Fly to those towns first and look for someone who is running or acting different than other AI. Very important to this issue is that he will be marked with a red diamond/cross on the UAV map, thus making it easy to track him. However, the cross may be unavailable if you play on Expert mode - it was there in Veteran mode.

Good luck finding him.

Thanks OMAC!

I had high doubts if I should even ask anything like this in here, but I should have never underestimated even the most special knowledge other may possess.

It would totally make sense for him to go to Novy Sobor, since that town has the biggest bunch of enemies around it to keep him alive and one Shilka which I successfully damaged (to make crew pop out) from amazing distance by shooting a series of 7 RPG rockets found in nearby enemy tent camp.

I will try the UAV too to see if I would get that diamond in UAV screen even if it is Expert difficulty I remember seeing some pyramid shaped symbols somewhere in Operation Arrowhead Pathfinder mission. Luckily I took screenshot of him in the Quarry. It will be amazing if I find him alive in Novy Sobor after all that walking from east coast through possible threats. He must have gone a route avoiding Staroye which includes a lot of friendly civilians armed with hunting rifles. It might be likely that he has taken some new vehicle in outskirts of Solnichy. I read someone has seen him even driving one of those bus vehicles.

The good thing about bumping into Bardak early is that it removes time limit and you can do what ever you want all around the map.

Again I'm hosting this in multiplayer cooperatively with friends and noticed that client players must not collect Evidence. There is this one "Evidence (Map)" in empty Keb castle and I ordered a fellow player to go there and get it while we were on the other side of the map getting another Evidence (Dog Tags). The "Evidence (Map)" was changed to just a "Map" after taken by client player and it did not trigger "Evidence gathered" message even after I took it from him. Actually another Evidence (Photos) could not even be picked up by client. So it may be a bug that Evidence (Map) could be picked up by someone else than the host. Because that "Evidence (Map)"-itme changed to "Map"-item by client taking it, I could not try to re-take it without dropping default item called "Map". How silly these bugs can be... So to collect all the evidence we had to restart earlier already and avoid client players picking them up. It would be a relief if I would not have to restart this mission. Since it includes a lot of travelling and listening to same cutscenes and dialogues over and over again.

Edited by Hanzu

Oh, the bugs. That must be frustrating about the evidence. At least you figured out a workaround. I can't bear to start up A2 again, and will probably wait at least a year, or more. Just a beast to get through. I've been tempted to revert to Manhattan to see if the 1.09 patch improves gameplay, but haven't yet.

I think it was in Novy Sobor where I found him. I was driving by in Hummer, with Razor, and decided to stop and check out the church. I got out, and Bardak almost ran into me. Before I knew what was happening, the end cutscene of the capture took place.

The red diamond is on the map ("M") when in UAV mode.

Thanks for the tips OMAC!

In Expert difficulty using UAV and map (M) simultaneously seemed to show all friendly unit icons including infantry and red enemy tank unit icons, but not their infantry units. Weirdly it also seemed to show atleast 2 yellow (NAPA?) icons in 2 different villages (one of them was light green at some point).

UAV revealed numerous enemy soldiers in thermal mode near Novy Sobor and Stary Sobor, but after searching for a while with UAV I gave up and decided to take helicopter transport where I last saw Bardak (Solnichy-quarry).

In Starforce 2 1 helicopter unit there is a position you can take where you can see helicopter radar showing unknow men as grey square dots. In Solnichy there are quite a lot of civilians around, so while hovering above there was a big bunch of grey dots in map. Every now and then an orange square dot also appeared somewhere near quarry. I tried to locate it on foot, but also gave up thining it is just Bardak's Skoda-car inside quarry or corpses of 3 enemies always located inside quarry.

Went back to helicopter to hover some more only to notices fuel is flashing. Without ever refuelling in this mission I decided to fly to roadside gas station north of Solnichy. Tried to land close to gas station to make refuelling to start, but pilot decided to land too far away from it. While looking south from landed helicopter I saw there was a man standing inside gas station and facing me. "There is one man I have not yet tried to talk with", I thought and started to walk towards him. To my surprise he started to run away west when I got close. After reaching him dialog started and I realized he was Bardak (black baret in head, black jacket and white camouglage pants)!

So it looks like he only runs somewhere about 500-1000m radius away from you and stays there until you find him again. Then runs some more.

I think I read someone find him in a barn. So it must be scripted that he searches buildings and structures that have a roof to shelter him from air searches or random bombing. Funny thing is that if you look at this Solnichy gas station in map. There are 3 fuel pump icons and above them a grey square representing the roof. So I'm not sure if that red diamond marker actually was there in UAV + map, but it was not drawn because of multiple layers of map icons.

In your case OMAC I think Bardak (who is scripted to visit some places like Solnichy quarry, Lesnoy Krebet hill tent camp and Electrozavosk power plant) was inside Lesnoy Krebet 446 meters peak at GPS COORS 083078 and when you attacked it he ran west to closest city to find shelter that is Novy Sobor. Possibly even went inside church because it is open building and when you approached, he tried to flee out of the only exit, bringing him right in front of you. Maybe too much conclusions, but just my theory.

---

Next week I will play Manhattan with 1.59. I will report back how it works this time.

Edited by Hanzu

Interesting. I think your theory about Bardak is a good one.

Come to think of it, you are right that the time I found Bardak in Novy Sobor, I think I had just attacked the Lesnoy Krebet hill tent camp. The time I lost him at the quarry, I found him using the UAV standing around Solnichy near the train tracks not far from the quarry. So he doesn't run that far.

Edited by OMAC