Sign in to follow this  
SirCaleb

Laser designator

Has anyone out there done a successful implementation using the Laser Designator and an A10 (LGB) in a custom-made mission???

An example would be GREAT smile.gif

Thanks in advance!

Ummmm... I put a script up in the OFPEC hints forum (I've improved it a bit though) that captures the laser designator dot. I've got an artillery simulator ready for beta testing that features copperheads that are guided using the LLD (and yes, they do actually fall and track the dot -- if you try to hit something out of the footprint, or if you shake the LLD around the target, you'll miss).

Actually, the LLD is the most underused addition to the stock collection of hardware. If you're bored, you can make a deathray out of it and kill anything you point it at.

If you're interested in using the lasertarget for your missions, drop me an email at dinger@raf303.org

Accurate results from the A10 LGB are gotten like this.

First, the A10 has to be grouped with you under your command and you have to designate the target yourself.

Bring up the laser designater and target something. Then, go to command view (Cause thats how the laser target registers on the target list for some reason) and select the A10 and tell it to target the Laser Target.

Thats it!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Spy17 @ May 20 2002,11:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Here I made a mission including a painted target:

You fly and the AI is laserpainting.<span id='postcolor'>

Spy, I've incorporated your mission, Strategic Strike, into The FAQ's item on LTD use and a downloadable copy is now mirrored by The FAQ as well.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ May 20 2002,16:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Spy17 @ May 20 2002,11:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Here I made a mission including a painted target:

You fly and the AI is laserpainting.<span id='postcolor'>

Spy, I've incorporated your mission, Strategic Strike, into The FAQ's item on LTD use and a downloadable copy is now mirrored by The FAQ as well.<span id='postcolor'>

Thanks a lot!

Avonlady did you succeed to bring back the plane in one piece finally?

Silly me! Of course I've played this mission.

Did I bring the plane back in one piece yet? No. sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ May 21 2002,11:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Silly me! Of course I've played this mission.

Did I bring the plane back in one piece yet? No. sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Avon: "Preparing for landing... Is the runway free?"

Co-Pilot: "Seems so. Tower says all`s clear... Shouldn`t you pull up a little?"

Avon: "Why, everything is fine!"

Co-Pilot: "I`m just curious, because the people down there already are as large as ants... SHIT, THAT ARE ANTS!!!"

*KBOOOOM*

biggrin.giftounge.gifbiggrin.giftounge.gif

If you'll play the mission, you'll see the problem getting back isn't landing. It's getting shot down during or even before you drop your LGBs on target.

I once managed to detroy the target only to get killed while attempting to get away. This excessive AA part of the mission needs to be toned down.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ May 23 2002,10:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I didn`t mean to insult you! I`m sure your flying skills are as legendary as your FAQ!!  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I wasn't insulted - just clarifying.

Flying skills? Me?! Not even in OFP. I'm a good UAZ driver, though! biggrin.gif

I've made a few LGB-testing missions but nothing worth releasing, but they work very nicely with the LTD smile.gif

I'm working on a MASSIVE coop-mission. Got units, vehicles and objects all over Malden. I guess it's a 1.5+GHz mission wink.gif

The final objective will be lasing and bombing a few well hidden T-80's behind friendly lines so one should aim carefully hehe biggrin.gif

Going into final mp-testing this weekend. The mission.sqm is 230kb (HUGE!wink.giftounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ May 23 2002,09:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Can you make an SP version of the mission?<span id='postcolor'>

That was the original idea smile.gif

It just turned out to get great coop-potential, but yes I will make a SP-version too.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shadow @ May 23 2002,10:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It just turned out to get great coop-potential, but yes I will make a SP-version too.<span id='postcolor'>

No doubt this will earn you five stars in a mission review on some map review site, like, ATWAR. tounge.gif

Hehe we don't rate our own missions tounge.gif