Sign in to follow this  
m16a2m203

Dropship

i love that idea about the chigs they would be cool very cool i loved that tv show why they took it off is beyond me and west and hawks are left alone 'cause everyone else is dead anyways i wouldn't mind a hammerhead

ooooooooohhhhhh what a great idea crappy space men

and flying saucers.

you people make me sick..

when someone brings out a new plane or tank they've been working on you assholes are the first to slag it off moaning about realism and shit like that ..... but this joker has the idea of spacemen and spacecraft and you love him...

ohhh and before you harp on about what ive done for the community and what gives me the right.....i bought the fucking game what more right do i need.....

ban my ass see if i give a shit

Personally all i'm really interested in is flying the dropship around in a game. Always wanted to since the movie came out but to this day I don't know of any game that allows it.

As far as other peoples ideas for addons - more power to them. If they have the desire or need to work on something they enjoy then they should. if i don't like it then I will either not download it, download then erase it, or post my opinion on how to improve it and hopefully see an upgrade.

No need to be so negative. Life is too short.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (follow through @ May 23 2002,16:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ooooooooohhhhhh     what a great idea crappy space men

and flying saucers.

when someone brings out a new plane or tank they've been working on you assholes are the first to slag it off moaning about realism and shit like that ..... but this joker has the idea of spacemen and spacecraft and you love him...

ohhh and before you harp on about what ive done for the community and what gives me the right.....i bought the fucking game what more right do i need.....

ban my ass see if i give a shit<span id='postcolor'>

Dude, chill out!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ May 23 2002,07:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Maybe the bad guys could be the Chiggers from Space: Above and Beyond (An excellent near future military TV series). I think they would make cool adversaries, and they are very humanoid. It wouldn't be very hard to model them and their weapons. Just a thought.

saab-chig.jpg

But I agree human opponents would probably be the best for the Colonial Marines in the OFP engine.<span id='postcolor'>

Thats it!

I want it hehe,what about a poll who wants it too? ;-)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (follow through @ May 23 2002,16:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ooooooooohhhhhh     what a great idea crappy space men

and flying saucers.

Whats the matter, you got sand in your vagina? tounge.gif

Naw, I bet it's that new vibrating neck massager with small spikes he got... he tried to go down on it. wow.gif

Cleo is right the tech books call the enemy Bebops and Bugboys. And I loved Space.AaB to,had kind of a Halo feel to it. The chigs had hover tanks,and humans had souped up M113's. AI's might work out good as enemys.

They looked pretty cool.

It was revealed that they were at war with the humans because they evolved on earth and wanted the planet back.

and flying saucers.

Dont worry I agree with you, but still nice dropship though. LOL

Well, the people complain and whine about realism on those types of addons because those addons actually exist in the world and they want perfection. But the creator of the dropship and the Aliens or Chigs vs. Humans MOD intentionally chose his addon to be unrealistic. You get where i'm going here? biggrin.gif

And do they ever air that show anymore? I wanna try and watch all the episodes...

Offcourse I do but as everyone else has been told about the problem with all these planes etc. coming out is simple

DON'T DOWNLOAD IT IF YOU DON'T WANT IT

Here's a long post. In summary, I made an avp total conversion for starcraft, I wanted to make one for OpFlash, but because I hate worrying about fox, I'm working on one set in a cyberpunk universe that does use elements from AvP (I'm a fan, what can I say?) including bioengineered aliens, hunting predators, and an entire working USCM military. I have my abandoned x-comish design laid out for my proposed AvP OFP mod, so if anyone would like to work with me on it and claim it, I'll support them.

Here's the post in full:

I'm the guy that created the Aliens vs. Predator mod for Starcraft. After I finished that up (and have about 4 or 5 gig of AvP related content sitting on my HD), I longed to create my sequel for Operation Flashpoint. I looked into it, and compiled a nifty design, very similar to the likes of X-Com. However, I'm sick of creating a mod under wraps, not giving out my email address, having a hush hush website, and having a tiny fan base for fear of being foxed... In any case, I moved on to my next project, which is inspired by the likes of Neuromancer, Syndicate and Blade Runner. basically, one of the OFP islands goes 2081, with hovercars, skyscrapers, and the player runs his corporation's operations on the island, buying things, commanding guys, watching the action from an executive airship, and trying to take over the island. Basically, people are the resource, and they only live in certain controlled city sectors. The more sectors you have, the more citizens you force to cough up money, but folks don't respawn, so if they die in the urban carnage, that sector is now worth less....

All right, enough babbling. What I was basically going to say is that the military arm of the Gov't is none other than the United States Marine Corps, an extremely thinly disguised USCM from aliens. Pulse rifles, smartguns, APC's, dropships, enforcing corporate rule in congested urban areas. Also, corporations can engineer bioweapons (IE, aliens) to release in urban areas as a form of terrorism... The design seems haphazard because I'm recounting off the top of my head, if you read the rather short organized doc it would all make sense and not sound like a Huge Massive Project That Fails Because It's Too Ambitious. (I've personally witnessed a lot of those...)

I have a huge amount of AvP related content on my HD, and I'm making it OFP friendly at the moment, though I don't have oxygen. I'm going to focus on making a few USCM units before I work on the rest of the cyberpunk atmosphere, so *I will be releasing a USCM pack in the near future*, with maybe an alien or two for fun. However, I must state that I won't be making an AvP mod, but I will support someone who wishes to with content, technical expertise, and the backing of the Privateer Studios publishing arm...

Read on for the design I had planned for AvP: Retribution

All right, anyone here remember X-Com? X-com kicked ass. I'm not copying x-com, but you will see some familiar elements of base building, some economic management, and tactical f--king combat. Booyah.

Okay, aliens setting, you know the drill. Random colony planet has an alien infestation. That sucks. Okay, USCM is sent in there to clean things up. The governments and corporations assemble a little funding for you, and you and your squad land on the planet and set up a base camp. There are a number of colony outposts on the island, as well as Alien Hives, and it's a very very very good thing to kill the hives, contain the aliens, and make sure the colonies stay intact. When a colony gets taken over, it's gone for good. When the game starts out, you don't know much about the situation. You've got a command vehicle and two four person squads. In this game, you don't command individual people, rather you command the leader of a squad who has members following him. This allows you more manpower. You can build little outpost buildings at your base, which allow you to host more vehicles, equipment, weaponry, and troops, as well as get the all important Better Things. Your income is based on two things: the number of living colonists on the island, who are non-replaceable, and a modifier number of how well the guys back home think you're doing. This number gets multiplied on the number of living colonists to give you income, which arrives every so often. If you're doing well, the number gets above one, and not so well, below one. This modifier number goes up with the more alien hives you track down and eliminate and pred seeder ships you destroy, and goes down the more colonies that get lost and civvies that die.

As an example, at one point in the game, there are 1403 (simulated) colonists on the island. I say simulated, because most of them are not actual units walking around. You get $100 every 5 minutes for that number, so you have $1403x5 coming into your coffers every few minutes. You recently blew the crap out of a huge hive, downed 3 predator seeder ships, and saved three colonies from attack, so your modifier number is 2.5. So, your cash coming in is now $1403x5x2.5 every few minutes. However, your upkeep cost every few minutes is 5000, so your total net cash is $1403x5x2.5 - $5000. That's just an example of how the system would work, obviously all the numbers and timing would be tweaked to fit gameplay.

The AvP twist is that the predators are the ones seeding the planet with aliens. Their ships buzz around the island, they seed hives, let loose groups of aliens, have hunting parties, and basically make your day suck. You have to keep your equipment current, build up your facilities in tried and true fashion (remember that every soldier, vehicle, and facility has an upkeep cost), and kick ass. You want to destroy hives, set up patrols, shoot down ships, and eventually destroy the alien threat on this island.

By the way, this game is persistent. You start the map, and it ends when you win (or lose). You aren't assigned missions, you just get updated when events happen. More recon/information buildings, the better.

And yes, virginia, not only is there a santa claus, but you'd get helmet cams, motion trackers, and the ability to run in there and kick ass with the troops.

Okay, there's the long winded design. It would be fun to both create and play, but I'm tired of looking over my shoulder to fox. I've had a lot of sister projects of my starcraft mod that have been foxxed, and I'm only lucky mine never bit the bullet. Being in constant fear of losing your work is never fun, but on the other hand, I really want to play this mod! It would basically use all the artwork, and sounds as my StarCraft mod, though most of those would need updating, as they were made for the purpose of being rendered into sprites, not displayed in 3d environs.

Anyone interested?

Im a huge sci-fi fan and this dropship looks amazing, but i worry about how it will take the realism of OFP and kick it out the door, but to tell the honest truth i probably would download the dropship

I wouldn't likt to see the dropship in current day missions - that would just be silly.

But a total Colonial Marines conversion would kick ass!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ May 25 2002,03:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">They looked pretty cool.

It was revealed that they were at war with the humans because they evolved on earth and wanted the planet back.<span id='postcolor'>

I'm afraid I'm gonna have to disagree biggrin.gif

In the first ep a human company made a new colony and it got wiped out by the chigs. At the end of the series it was revealed that the company had known about the chigs and had been warned by them that the planet they were about to colonise was in their territory. The company had ignored the waning and so the chigs attacked.

I agree that the series was great and wish it hadn't got cancelled at such a good point in the plot. The characters, missions and dog fights were great.

It reminds me of another great sci-fi series that got cancelled at an annoying point - dark skies.

Eh, I can't take credit for those pics...they were on my hard drive, I downloaded them from some site ages ago...not for OFP, sorry... confused.gif

Check the original thread in this topic...I just found that's where the pics are from...maybe someon is still working on this for OFP... wink.gif