Sign in to follow this  
Kyle_K_ski

[Answered] Smoky-halo around leaves...?

I'm new to ArmA II, and with a brand new, custom built system as well.

I'm trying to ensure that my graphics card, a HIS Radeon HD 6850 1 GB (256bit) GDDR5 Eyefinity Display Port HDMI 2x DVI (HDCP) Retail (RoHS) PCI Express X16 2.1 Video Card H685F1GD, is working properly, so what little time I have right now to play, I've been playing a game that I know is demanding, and that's ArmA II.

Anyway, I'm using the PvP Animations mod http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=115889 that also includes a superb remake of the classic Clean Sweep mission. The last few times that I've played this mission, I have charged close towards the side of a building that's approximately 35 m. behind the tree that one starts by. What's strange is the appearance of the shrubs that are growing close to its side, and in particular, its leaves. They look natural, except for starting at each leaf's edge, and extending what looks to be a couple of inches beyond its physical edges, is a "halo" that's translucent with a smoky-tint to it, almost like what one would find for the lenses of sunglasses. Every leaf has this smoky-halo around all of its sides, and to be perfectly honest, those halos are driving me bonkers. Visually, they're very distracting.

My framerates are smooth, but I'd love to find out what's causing this to happen so it can be fixed. Any detailed suggestions?

And by the way, I wanted to take a screenshot of what I'm seeing, but pressing the "Print Screen" button on my keypad no longer produces an image when I paste into Paint. Do I need to make an adjustment to my Win. 7 Professional OS settings, or am I stuck with this (what a strange feature for MS to get rid of if so!), or is there an easy (and FREE) program that you'd advise to help me take screeshots with?

Thanks in advance!

Kyle

May 2, 2011

Edited by Dwarden

No help to you but I have the same effect and it drives me crazy as well!

Thanks for the info. I'm happy to see that I'm not the only one around here having this issue.

I did some keyword searches, and have found a TON of different explanations for the acronym "AtoC," and thus far, none of them have anything to do with video games. Could someone define it for me here?

Also, are the tall shrubs I described from that Clean Sweep mission defined as "trees" or as "grass?" I only ask because from my modding experiences, it's not uncommon to define a characteristic with a variable that doesn't seem related. Grass does not = tall shrub in real life, but in a virtual world, it could.

Thank you!

Disabling AtoC gets rid of it mate (set to 0) - or at least it did for me