Sign in to follow this  
avibird 1

Can't get a empty A10's to spawn on to the fight deck help!

hello, I need help to get empty A10's to spawn on to the fight deck of the Carrier after a player reachers a trigger point on the map for human air support for a mission.

I know how to spawn units, I know how to place units on the carrier, I know how to set triggers but I can't get an empty vehicle to spawn only with AI inside and when the A10 spawns with the AI inside it's in the air and flys away. Yes I put the plane on formation not flying but still flys away and yes I can place a empty A10 on the deck without the spawn trigger!

I know this is simple but I must be missing a step here with the setup help thanks avibird.

Use createVehicle array to create empty vehicles.

Post up what you have so far and we can see your implementation better.

Your post is a bit confusing, your asking about creating an empty A10 but you keep referring to spawning one with AI? Do you want it empty or with AI?

if you spawn a AI and place it in the plane, it will fly away no matter if you use disableAI or dostop etc. setting fuel to 0 counters this but then AI jumps out of plane.

Solution, spawn only the empty plane and when support is requested spawn the AI and send him on his way.

Or simply spawn the AI outside next to plane or somewhere and have him run and mount plane when support is requested.

if you spawn a AI and place it in the plane, it will fly away no matter if you use disableAI or dostop etc. setting fuel to 0 counters this but then AI jumps out of plane.

Solution, spawn only the empty plane and when support is requested spawn the AI and send him on his way.

Or simply spawn the AI outside next to plane or somewhere and have him run and mount plane when support is requested.

Ahh I missed the support part.

What Demonized said lol :p.

Thanks, but a human player not the AI support. I want the human player only to be able to use the A10 when the other human players reachers a trigger point somewhere on the map. I can't get an empty A10's to spawn on to the fight deck only one with AI inside and then it's not on the deck it's in the air and flys away. I can place an empty A10's without the spawn trigger but I don't want the human player to use the AI until the other human players reachers the trigger point and completes the objective. Most human players can't be trusted if they see a plane they will jump in and if they do the first human sqaud will have no change to get to the objective because the whole map with get Activated.

Edited by AVIBIRD 1

Just spawn it locked, and then unlock it with the trigger :)

Is it that simple lol. Thanks, but why can't you spawn a plane/chopper on the ground like you can with tanks ect with the AI inside? I like to no the why's so I can fully understand how it works. I am a bit slow but when I understand I can really make things happen! lol. Frist landing watch for it!!!!!!!!!!! thanks!

as Riouken mentioned in post 2, use the createVehicle array.

example:

_veh = createVehicle ["ah1w",getMarkerPos "marker1",[], 0, "NONE"]

not flying.

_veh = createVehicle ["ah1w",getMarkerPos "marker1", [], 0, "FLY"]

flying.

then if you need a AI after use createUnit and moveInDriver when needed.

a10strt is the name of the marker where you want it to spawn, the red number is the height, just change that till it is sitting on the deck.

_veh = createVehicle ["ah1w", [a10strt select 0,a10strt select 1,18], [], 0, "NONE"];