Sign in to follow this  
Overwhelming

[Answered] Trouble with instalation (obscure options) and troube with SecuROM :(

I've just bought the expansions:

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd175/Over_Tuga/IMG_0686Small.jpg

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd175/Over_Tuga/IMG_0689Small.jpg

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd175/Over_Tuga/IMG_0687Small.jpg

With my original Arma 2, I guess now I have the complete colection:

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd175/Over_Tuga/IMG_0690Small.jpg

For some reason, the game can't activate the game with my discs. I've tried the Reinfeorcements and Operation Arrowhead's discs and it's failing!

It installed fine, acepted the serial code that was in the back of the manual... But now securom doesn't let me play!

Edit: for some reason, the game lauched, although with an error message. It seems it's installed nicely, with the three logos (Arma 2, OA and Reinforcements). But there's no campaign or missions from BAF or PMC.

In the instalation options, I've chosen "install BAF and PMC only" instead of "install reiforcements", because I thought that having Arma 2 and OA installed, that's all I needed.

I've uninstalled Reiforcements and I'm installing it again, with the "install REINFORCEMENTS" option. It didn't detect the game folder this time, so I redirected to it. Now I'm afraid it's replacing my CO instalation with a OA Lite version...

So confusing... The manual just says to follow the autorun's instructions. It couldn't be more obscure!

Edited by Dwarden

Hier in troubleshooting find this->

utility too resolve problems with baf and pmc instal from reinforcements dvd.

Download this program read instructions, that should help in your problem.

I've reinstalled.

When I try to launch the game, an error appears:

error-1.jpg

Following with a warning saying the wrong SERIAL was introduced at setup.

That's completely FALSE! I've verified very well! :(

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

Hier in troubleshooting find this->

utility too resolve problems with baf and pmc instal from reinforcements dvd.

Download this program read instructions, that should help in your problem.

I'll check it out, thanks.

I'm reinstalling OA again, then will install Reinforcments with that utility. I hope it works...

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

I've reinstalled OA. Placed the Reinforcements DVD on my DVD drive and executed the tool you pointed me. It tries to do the activation check, but it fails, saying it failed to identify the original disc in the time limit...

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

Ok, I've kept trying and finally it executed the setup. It's installing now. I'll leave feedback after it's installed.

I'm reinstalling OA again, then will install Reinforcments with that utility. I hope it works...

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

I've reinstalled OA. Placed the Reinforcements DVD on my DVD drive and executed the tool you pointed me. It tries to do the activation check, but it fails, saying it failed to identify the original disc in the time limit...

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

Ok, I've kept trying and finally it executed the setup. It's installing now. I'll leave feedback after it's installed.

Great, hope it'll be ok :)

I've installed everything.

After having to retry several times until securom identified my original disk, the same error pictured above appears.

Inside the game, there's no BAF/PMC mission, scenario or campaign...

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

The editor doesn't have the new maps (I checked that, just in case the DLCs didn't include missions/campaign).

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

Failed to load file "pmc|addons|air_pmc.pbo" - decryption of headers failed.

How can I fix this?

uninstall RFT / DLC related as it's broken

then download RFT fixed installer : http://www.arma2.com/index.php?Itemid=20&option=com_rokdownloads&view=folder〈=en

install it, patch to 1.59

if there is still some problem then please post here with more details

note: both 1.09 A2 and 1.59 OA don't use anymore securom ...

I did that, but the error still appears.

But using the option to "run as administrator" fixes the problem...