Sign in to follow this  
-SP33D-

How to merge Init files?

Hey, i have this problem with merging Init files. For example getting a init file from one gametype to another like Domination. I've tried to copy the init file from the one, and paste it at the bottom of the old one so it is getting expanded. But when i then try to play the mission, it says the mission is corrupt and i can't play it and get CTD'ed. Any solutions on how to merge init files?

missions such as domination relys on its own specific things/stuff, if you add somethingg that conflicts or is incorrect it will CTD, you should know what you are doing and or really really read the instructions on both missions, domination editing is not a noobs best mission.

Could you please help me then? Like I've tried to go into a init file, copy all and go to the other init file, go to the bottom and paste it. Which makes it corrupt. There should have been an application or program for this but could you please give some details on what i should try or some?

start with another mission to test with than domination, then when you got that working go to a more difficult one...

Is the mission init you are trying to merge confirmed working from the start??

troubleshooting this is kindof hopeless if you dont provide any info: post a copy of init.sqf here, also start out small, and go bigger, dont start big and go boom.