Sign in to follow this  
OMAC

PMC03 Provision scenario - game lockups after loading autosave

Playing PMC 1.01 within CO 1.59 + 79600 beta expansion

In the PMC03 Provision scenario (sp), there is an autosave after the supplies have been dropped. If the game is exited after the autosave occurs, and then the autosave is loaded, the game becomes locked. See this shot:

arma2oa_2011_04_13_21_43_45_976.jpg

It locks when you are sitting in the truck, the info window at upper right. Hitting space will not clear it, and you can't do anything and have to exit the game. The controls work (esc, space, middle mouse, F keys, etc.) but you can't move the truck. No sounds are playing as they should.

After reverting, one can play the scenario normally, and revert to the autosave normally. But if you exit the game and try to reload the autosave: LOCK!

What is causing this? This is the second strange issue I have found with the PMC freebie scenarios that I believe came with the 1.57 patch.

Edited by OMAC

Making a manual save after the autosave during your first run-through, before all hell breaks loose in the ground recovery operation, solves the problem. Then you can quit the game to go to the bathroom or something, come back and fire the scenario up again normally.

After the calm air drop, and an uneventful drive to the cargo pick-up area, I thought that BIS would reward all my hard gameplay with an easy, walk-through of a scenario. NOT! Holy crow! Those rogue Takis sure want that cargo. I'm lovin' those RPGs that target your vehicles with pinpoint accuracy from over a kilometer away, shooter completely invisible.

Going back to the pop-gun AKs after all the awesome PMC hardware is a real drag. I never want to see an AK again!

Edited by OMAC