Sign in to follow this  
nettrucker

Weird time settings in camera.sqs since last official patch

Hi there

I encountered a weird problem when doing cutscenes and intro's with the times ettings

;comment "22:09:26";
_camera camPrepareTarget [106903.84,1675.74,-103.13];
_camera camPreparePos [6964.49,5153.01,1.94];
_camera camPrepareFOV 0.083;
_camera camCommitPrepared 30
~10

Now the weird thing is that after the cam executed the camCommit comand the camera should stay for ten seonds in the new position. But it doesn't It moves immediately to the new position of the next code block. If I want to achieve the same effect now, I have to increase the last value to 40 seconds. :confused:

I have encountered this since the last official patch installed. I don't know if anybody else is experiencing something similar.:confused:

I would be badly in need of a confirmation or the contrary, in case it's only me.

thanks for your help in advance.

kind regards

Essentially the camera.sqs now outputs SQF instead of SQS. If you make sure each line terminates with a semicolon, and change ~10 to sleep 10; and run it with execvm instead of exec, it should work. Of course any other sqs code must be converted to sqf, or execvm will complain.

Or you could just convert it back to sqs and run it with exec. :)

Gotta try that. But since when did that change of output to SQF happen, before 1.59 I was running all cam scripts in sqs without problems, so it must have been introduced with the last patch. Might have missed that in the changelog.

Thanks for your help and prompt answer.

kind regards

I noticed it around the time 1.59 RC1 came out. I didn't see any mention of it either, but since I was already converting the sqs to sqf, I was rather pleased (I never learned sqs syntax).