Sign in to follow this  
LeadCommando65

[COOP/SP] Operation Colossus

Operation Colossus

opcolossusfrontpic.gif

Outline:

Your squad is ordered to infiltrate a state controlled by renegade troops. The tasks are simple: The leader of the enemy troops, Aleksey Markova, his right hand Mikhail Prontaljew and their elite guards must be eliminated at all costs. Additionally, a small group of soldiers is missing in the operation area, which shall be rescued. You will face a huge area full of enemy patrols, where you have to find a way through to fulfill the objectives.

Background:

Some of you may remember a great mission made by JoergF from mapfact: Operation Nebelreiter

It was one of the missions that impressed me the most. I wanted to bring back that feeling to ArmA2.

So don't be surprised if you notice any similarities between those missions :)

Features:

• more than 900 square kilometers of playground
  • dynamic enemy routes & objective locations - every playthrough will be different!
  • unique locations around the gameworld
  • supports up to 8 players
  • respawn system + revive possibility
  • SP & MP support
  • appr. 3 hours of gameplay (or more, if you want)

There are two versions of the mission:

- with respawn: co08_OpColossus_resp_v10.pbo

- without respawn: co08_OpColossus_v10.pbo

- singleplayer: sp_OpColossus_v10.Chernarus.pbo

You can play the mission with up to 7 AIs, so there are no additional players required to join your server, if you want (-> SP).

There is also a SP stand-alone version now, if you prefer.

Copy the sp_*.pbo to your ...\ArmA2\missions\ folder, so it appears in the scenarios dialog.

Requirements:

- ArmA2

Download:

v1.0 - co08_OpColossus_v10.zip (multiple mirrors)

Operation Colossus Co-08 (@) (armaholic mirror)

Version history:

# v1.0 - 04/13/2011

- initial release

Known bugs:

If you find any, please report.

Edited by LeadCommando65

Link doesn't work, and right click dl a corrupt zip.

Link doesn't work, and right click dl a corrupt zip.

I used a free hoster so right click won't work, that's right. But I tested download again and it works.

Anyway, I changed the link to a mirror site.

ok now work thanks, before i sended on rapidshare but on home page not on zip.

If you play with AI it´s a pain in the ass to get them equipped at start because you can´t switch to them.

So you gotta command everyone via action/gear and then they´re running to the dead russians instead of ammocrates...

Plz make it possible to equip them in briefing (at least for SP).

I was just about to say the same thing.

And each time I die, it's a pain in the a##. I respawn way far away from my units and then all goes weird on me.

SP stand alone version would be great!

If you play with AI it´s a pain in the ass to get them equipped at start because you can´t switch to them.

So you gotta command everyone via action/gear and then they´re running to the dead russians instead of ammocrates...

AIs always equip at the nearest gear option they can find. Just send them to the ammocrate first and then order them to equip.

I see that it's not very comfortable this way. The mission was originally designed for MP and I adapted it later that it works also with AIs activated (->"SP").

I was just about to say the same thing.

And each time I die, it's a pain in the a##. I respawn way far away from my units and then all goes weird on me.

Hm, I tested the respawn system again and could not find any issues. Are you using any mods? Which version of A2 do you have? Any special actions (objectives fulfilled etc.) before the problem occured?

I will look into the possibility of converting the mission, so there can be a SP stand-alone version.

Edited by LeadCommando65

DUDE! Super cool if you do that (SP).....sorry to be such a bother for ya!

DUDE! Super cool if you do that (SP).....sorry to be such a bother for ya!

After hours of copy&paste and replacing, it's done. The SP stand-alone version is now downloadable together with the other versions. I enabled teamswitch in the SP version so it's easier to equip your teammates.

AIs always equip at the nearest gear option they can find. Just send them to the ammocrate first and then order them to equip.

Yeah, pitty was the russian was shot near the ammobox :p so I had to use "hide body" option first etc.

(good thing inArmA2 is there´s always a workaround for a problem, but sometimes it can be just a...well ya know ;))

Ty for the update :)