Sign in to follow this  
MissileMoose

AI Helicopter Dismounting

Intro:

AI slowly dismounting from aircraft, especially the Chinook's.

Problem:

When AI are ordered to dismount from a Chinook, they dismount one by one at a very slow rate.

I tested this with 15 AI in the back of a Chinook, I ordered them to dismount then started to fire off a GPMG from the British Armed Forces pack, firing 3-5 round bursts, I managed to spend 200 rounds just as the last AI dismounted.

This is a major disadvantage when dropping soldiers off into a hot landing zone, as enemy troops can disable the units one by one as they jump out. Not to mention the high risk of rocket propelled grenades that the pilot faces when on the ground for an extended period of time.

How it should be:

kDL5CmWYx4A

The video explains it all, a Chinook insertion is a fast way to get troops on the ground.

Comments and suggestions are welcomed.

-Moose

You can use the "eject" command instead of disembark, works on ground too.

Should work in waypoint command line too.

A fair enough observation. I seem to remember OFP (or it might have been ArmA) having some sort of quick insertion method, most probably scripted third party, where the helo would do a touchdown-&-go and all the units would plop out within a couple of seconds of each other. I think maybe a touchdown-&-go could be standard unloading behavior in alerted situations.

@Beagle: This works well with smaller choppers, when there are not many soldiers in cargo. With Chinooks or the Osprey, soldiers end often enough on top of each other, because there are so many soldiers getting out at once and there is not much space. This usually results in injuries from falling damage. This also happens in parachute jumps, where the AI kill each other with their parachutes -_-

Indeed some of them gets killed if there is too meny of them. Usually then I assign them into 2 teams and eject them separately.

It would be nice if they would not get killed.